“Overall OK - Would think about Returning”
Review of Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon - CLOSED

Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Overall we had decent meals here - steaks were good and service was pretty good throughout. As we wanted to leave from being tired from a long day, it took FOREVER to receive our check and change. Very disappointing at the end of a decent meal. Oh well.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Visited with my son on a motorcycle trip. Good service, good food, good wine. There TV's with the game on, but it wasn't annoying. Would visit again.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Dined on 7/30/13 around 6:30 with 2 co-workers. We had to wait to be seated even though they were only 1/3 full. Hostess and waitress were friendly upon our arrival and exit. Strawberry lemonade was good. Our Texas Rose appetizer was over-fried, but they happily brought another one when we quickly and politely pointed that out. The complimentary bread was......generic, and didn't really have any flavor. I had a caesar salad with chicken which was a plateful of salad and generous portion of chicken, but I think I only had about 5 croutons and the dressing had almost no flavor to it. I had to salt and pepper my salad which I rarely do. One co-worker was still kind of full from eating earlier, so he only had a loaded baked potato which he only half ate because it didn't taste good and was room temp. Other co-worker had a chicken dish that came with a side salad and mashed potatoes. His salad was cold, crisp, and fresh. The chicken was just ok and he only ate half of the potatoes because they tasted kind of pasty.

We had been told by the front desk clerk at our motel, the Quality Inn next door, that if we ate there to show our room key to get 10% off our bill, but we forgot. Oh well. Won't be back though, this place seems like a poorly done rip-off of a Longhorn's restuarant. If you are in the area, I suggest choosing another place to eat, there were a few other chains within walking distance.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We met two other couples for dinner at this restaurant (not our choice). My first impression was established as we approached the entrance. The glass on the door was filthy---probably had not been cleaned in weeks. Not a good sign. Then next thing I noticed were the prices on the menu. It had been a while since I had eaten at a "Lone Star"and I was very surprised at how much the prices had risen. The steaks ran from $18.99 to $22.99, which I found to be rather high for a chain restaurant like this. Outback Steak House is a far better value and maintains infinitely better quality control. I ordered the sirloin steak and stuffed mushroom combo, which came with two "sides". I selected the mushroom soup and Caesar salad. The salad was average. The soup was luke warm. The steak was slightly overcooked and the meat was lacking in flavor. The stuffed mushrooms consisted of two slightly larger than marble size mushrooms stuffed with tasteless spinach---four small bites at best. Overall experince was poor, especially considering the prices paid. Will not eat at any Lone Star again except under duress!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

From the cheap Margarita mixer to the filthy menus and everything after,this place is a waste of your money. When we were about to be seated a large man was walking out of this retaraunt and said on his way out the door that the food was terrible. We should have listened. I have to say that our server Tori was outstanding and bless her heart she has to serve the garbage they call food with a smile. I give her a 5 but Lone Star gets a 1 only because there isn't a minus category. My wife had the filet and a baked potato. The filet was without a doubt bought from Wal-Mart. You know the Chef requested brand sold in a two pack for about 5 bucks with 10 percent solution added. Believe me folks IT WAS.The baked potato was cold in the middle. I mean really? Who messes up a baked potato? My steak was ordered medium well and was of course cooked well. Not a hockey puck but tough as nails. Not a good cut and more than likely not minded well on the grill. My dogs said the 21 dollar leftover steak was delicious. My daughter said her chicken fingers were good but for a bill over 75 bucks i could have taken all of us to the Zaxby's up the street and paid less than half the cost. When a person orders a Margarita and it still sits full on the table when the customer is leaving, this should be a sign to the management. Simply put.....this place is dirty and the food is bad. If you are reading this, this review is from a regular person just like you. Read some of my other reviews on this site and you will see that i don't just come on here and slam everything i review. This is the TRUTH...........you have been warned