“Last minute decision on dinner was excellent...”

Jim 'n Nick's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #1 of 67 Restaurants in Trussville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
West Monroe, Louisiana
“Last minute decision on dinner was excellent...”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We were staying at a local hotel in Trussville, AL and wanted to eat dinner close to the hotel. I asked the hotel desk clerk what restaurant was close to the hotel and she told us about a Mexican restaurant and a Bar-B-Q restaurant. She really recommended the Bar-B-Q and told us a little about the food. We decided to go and try it out. When we arrived at Jim 'n Nick's the parking lot was packed and the drive thru was backed-up. We knew we had made the right choice! One lady went in and was told that we could be seated immediately! Everyone got out of the car and went in the restaurant except for me, the driver. I couldn't find a place to park. I rode around the parking lot until someone left and I got their space. Then, I went in to this very busy restaurant. We sat at a tall table in a bar type area. It was packed. I couldn't believe that we got seated this quickly. It was Friday night and it was about 7:30pm. The service was good, but our waitress was a little crazy. She couldn't keep her thoughts straight, but she got our food orders correct and it was so delicious. I was surprised at how good the bar-b-q tasted. The cheese biscuits/rolls were delicious too. We had a little of everything...pulled pork, chicken, ribs, brisket and ham. We were a table of four ladies from Louisiana and it was good food. I can't wait to go again...

• Visited May 2014

Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Tasty!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

No matter what I've eaten there, it's been tasty-very tasty! I usually get the pulled pork plate but I've recently had the brisket - oh, yum! I even like their potato salad - and I'm not a big fan of potato salad! Very happy with the service, too!

• Visited May 2014
Odenville, Alabama
“Yummy!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My family and I have eaten here many times. The food is always yummy and the price is reasonable. Great atmosphere and friendly wait staff.

Visited May 2014
Springville, Alabama
“Jim N Nicks NEVER Disappoints!”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Love the new meals on their menu! Their deviled eggs are INCREDIBLE...perfect combo with the cheese biscuits. They also have a Pimento Cheeseburge. Now, who would have ever thought to put pimento cheese on a burger, but it's SO good, with some kind of sweet bacon topping. There's something on their menu for everyone - and they have a drive through, which makes it easy to stop by on your lunch break. There's an outdoor patio and they cater, too.

• Visited April 2014
Trussville, Alabama
“Good Que, I go here often”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Not a fancy place, but good service, fair prices and good barbecue. If you don't like barbecue and you are going just for the meat eaters in your family, don't worry, they have other menu items that my family love. Sometimes they can be hard to get, but make sure you try their rolls, great stuff!

• Visited March 2014