“This Hotel is Wow! with open attrium. . . .”

Holiday Inn Express Trussville
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Trussville
Reviewed December 13, 2009

I was on a business trip and expected it to be run of the mill factory with narrow corridors. But I was surprised (pleasantly) with the open attrium. I get claustrophobic in the usual "factory" with narrow corridors. This was different. I think you will love it too.

The rooms and bathrroms were clean and everything in the hotel looked new (except for the TVs). I hope they will replace them soon. Then it will as good as a brand new hotel.

The breakfast person was friendly and actuall asked me if I need a toast or something. I said yes and she brought couple of toasts to my table.

On the whole it was great. I think you should keep it on your list.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed December 29, 2008

This is the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. The rooms were filthy; the sheets and mattress pad were stained with urine, the shower had hair and red staines on the wall, the towels were stained. When I complained the staff provided horrible customer service and refused to refund my money because I made the reservation through Priceline. Priceline was also uncooperative when I expressed my complaints about the quality of the room. Don't EVER stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2008

first stay at a holiday inn express. it was new, clean, rooms where adequate size, had all the features you would want including free internet access and hot breakfast. beds were great

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2008

I was in trussville for a wedding with my family. The hotel staff was very friendly and greeted us with a smile. The rooms are extremely comfortableand the breakfast was to die for!!

Will definitely stay again and is highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2007

When we arrived in plenty of time, we were told that the hotel was booked even though we had a reservation. Maybe God was looking out for us because the other hotel in the area was a lot better and closer to eatiries and etc. The general manager and his wife were not helpful at all and refused to refund our money. Do not waste the time and effort on this one

Stayed: December 2007
Reviewed May 13, 2007

Super nice hotel in a great location. Right off the interstate with lots to see and do nearby - restaurants, shopping, etc. We had a suite which was extremely large and well-appointed. The staff was friendly and efficient and the rooms were clean and tastefully decorated. We really enjoyed our stay and hope to return again soon.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2006

Stayed in this Hotel October 26th through 28th 2006. Not very clean. Marble floors in lobby looked dull. Hotel room looked like it was nearing a need for a facelift. Elevator dirty. Continental breakfast very mediocre. No bananas for the cereal. I ask them if they were just out; but they said they didn't have them because they don't keep very well. There was a large Walmart with a grocery department less than 1/2 mile from there. I say get somebody to go up to the Walmart every couple of days and buy some. On a scale of 10 I would rate them a 6. Will continue to look for a better place to stay when I am in the Birmingham area.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trussville
Quality Inn Trussville
Hampton Inn Birmingham / Trussville
15 mi away
Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Grandview
Home2 Suites by Hilton Birmingham Downtown

Been to Holiday Inn Express Trussville? Share your experiences!