“Nothing special here” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Trussville
Cartersville, Georgia
“Nothing special here”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Check in was fast, front desk clerk was helpful. Hotel is very dated compared to other Holiday Inn Express hotels.
Wifi was unreliable. Room was clean and the shower was great with plenty of pressure.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Huntsville, Al
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed here recently on business travel and thought this hotel met my needs just fine. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The free wi-fi signal in the room was strong and I had no issues with that. The breakfast was free and a little more than continental. The staff was very personable.

The only thing was the person I was staying with could not access the internet on the computer in the business area and there was no one available that knew how to fix it. That being said, if you bring your own PC, the wi-fi works great in the rooms.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Cookeville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

This is the first time I have stayed at this hotel. I usually travel on into Brimingham. The lady at the desk was very friendly. The first room I was given had either been occupied or not cleaned. The second room was better until i got in the shower. The cleaning crew had left shampoo and soap from previous guest and the shower had hairs on the wall. The drain in the tube would not stay open The internet was very slow and the TV channel selection was laim. The only premium channel had no sound. After about two hours in this room, I was wishing I had traveled on into Birmingham.

Room Tip: The Holiday Inn at the Birmingham Airport is not bad. I have stayed there many times.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I routinely stay at HI-Trussville atleast once a week on business travel. The staff always makes sure to accomodate everything I need and if there's ever any problems, they always make sure the problem is resolved. Breakfast is always good, rooms are always clean, and the location is always a plus. Trussville has everything a traveler needs from Wal-Mart to a gym to nice restaurants. I recommend this hotel if you're traveling I-59. A helpful tip for health buffs- when checking into the hotel, request a pass for the YMCA from the front desk.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Stayed there for three nights and found the rooms to be average Holiday Inn Express quality. They were clean, spacious and the A/C worked well. One nice touch was a ceiling fan over the bed. Door banging at night could definitely keep a light sleeper awake. The atrium was always hot (it was upper 90's outside) and the breakfast's were good. The location isn't the best, as it's sorta isolated on a service road. There is lot's of traffic in Trussville, don't be in a hurry to go anywhere.

The staff was initially not very friendly nor welcoming, particularly a lady who appeared to be a manager. Her assistant, perhaps taking a lead from the boss, wasn't much better - but warmed nicely later and turned out to be very friendly.

All in all a nice enough hotel, no complaints.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Johnson City, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I stopped here for one night while driviving. It seemed to be a safe location very close to the highway.
The staff was nice. check in was quick. The room was clean. All The housekeeping staff that I met were very nice.
A very nice girl was running the breakfast area and made me feel at home. i will stop again next time through the area.

Room Tip: best to stay on the second floor on up. Can be a little noisy around the breakfast area
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Rex S
Kerrville, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Stayed here last night because it was close to Birmingham airport (7 miles). Here are the positives:
1. It is clean
2. Location is good and restaurants are close by. The Birmingham Y is directly across the street but the hotel does have a decent fitness room
3. Staff is friendly (except for one, as indicated below)
4. Breakfast is very good

Here are my critiques:
1. A young woman checked me in and was not up on her customer service skills. A man ahead of me left unhappy but I couldn't tell what the discussion was. An hour later, after I had problems with the business center's printer, I asked if she'd print my boarding pass. She looked at the very-faint copy I showed her and said, "I can read this" and wouldn't budge when I showed her the number and letter were missing. And she had a printer right beside her! As we walked out to dinner, a man was asking about the t.v. stations because evidently it showed ESPN on one guide and ESPN2 on another. She pointedly told him to read the guide - and he left unhappy.
I will follow this by adding that this morning, the front desk manager named Danny readily printed my boarding pass.
2. The internet was very sporadic. I kept losing the connection and had to keep re-connecting, which ate up a lot of my time. When I was on, it was slow, so not sure if this is an ongoing thing.

Have to say that I walked into the Jameson Inn which is across the street next to the Lone Star where we ate and the manager told us about the hotel (I'd never stayed at one) and told us he would have given us a $77 walk-in rate (and we'd paid $98.10 at HI online for the Holiday Inn) - so if I do travel that way again, I'll be staying at Jameson Inn.

Room Tip: First floor is close to the fitness center, lobby and breakfast area.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Trussville, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear ncftx,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the hotel staff may have caused. We will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. We are also very sorry for the problems you experienced with our internet service. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Regards,
Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trussville
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Trussville
3.5 of 5 stars 39 reviews
Hampton Inn Birmingham / Leeds, AL
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Downtown - The Tutwiler

Been to Holiday Inn Express Trussville? Share your experiences!