“Confused, but Happy”

Quality Inn of Troy
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Must admit we were worried about staying considering some of the reviews. To our relief and our surprise our stay was awesome. The folks at the desk were helpful and friendly (Heather & Johnetta were their names I think) and the housekeeper who cleaned our room couldn't have been nicer.

The hotel is older, but our room was clean, bed comfortable and the kids enjoyed to pool. Breakfast is typical of hotels today, but suited our needs.

When passing through Troy again, we will stay here again.

Room Tip: Pool Side upstairs
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Staff ws friendly at check-in/check-out. Bedroom area was very clean, with the exception of some mildew spots and cracks on the ceiling. Beds were comfortable, though not queen size as advertised. Bathroom was older, and was as clean as could be expected for an old bathroom. Also, electrical outlets were located in strange places - making it hard to recharge phones. Breakfast was typical "continental" fare - waffles, muffins, cereal. Overall, it was fine for one night.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2013

From check in to check out, the managment and front desk of this hotel were terrible. We were helped more by the cleaning staff. Plugs in rooms would not hold plugs, WiFi never worked,bathroom ceiling leaked, stayed for 4 days and since I paid cash I had to go to the desk daily before 11 to pay to keep my credit card from being charged. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank bamajdogg
Reviewed July 12, 2013

False advertising. There are three billboards on US-231 between the FL state line and Troy advertising a 49.00 rate for here - I stopped in at 5am because I needed sleep and was told the only rate I could get was 70-something plus tax coming out to 81. Don't put the prices on your billboards if you don't intend to honor them.

Room is clean - air works - beds are average.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed here last night after returning from Florida. The smoke alarm battery was beeping. The guy at the front desk acted like I was crazy for asking to get a battery for it. We have 3 kids so we got a king bed with fold out couch. Awful. The dirty sheets were still on the couch bed. I had to go to the desk and ask for a blanket and pillows for the couch. Once everyone was settled for bed none of us slept good. Noise outside (liquor bottles and fast food trash in the parking lot the next morning explained what was going on) the couch bed was so squeaky and cheap. Even the king bed made noise each time my husband or I moved through out the night. Morning came and we went down about 9 am and the waffle batter was empty. Out of biscuits and milk. The counters were messy and trash was on the floor. I went to the front desk and was informed they had a breakfast attendant but I would have to find her. Once I found her she said I would have to wait till she was ready. She was on her cell phone in the kitchen. I was not the only person looking for her. Spoons, forks, juice, basically the whole breakfast area was either out of stock or low. The pool was dirty and we were told at check in last night the pool was already closed but when I had to walk to get the blankets for the couch bed they had several people (young guys) hanging out at the pool and one started speaking to the hotel attendant and asked if he needed any help or for him to do anything so I guess the guy worked there also. All around awful visit

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We had an unexpected stop on our way to the beach last Thursday evening. I started calling hotels about 30 minutes out of Troy. Karl answered the phone when I called and was wonderful. We got a wonderful rate. We were met with warm cookies and given an explanation of the pool area, breakfast, WIFI connection and general information to find our room. We were in 205. The AC had a ticking noise and I told them about it when we checked out. We were not there long enough to let it bother us. Breakfast was good. Love those waffle makers! Overall a great stay! Thanks Karl!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Eh, not much to choose from in Troy. This is about par for the course of quality inns. Room had overbearing smell of smoke however the rooms were in better shape than other QInns I have stayed at. They're water is softened FYI as some people despise this. Basically it suffices for a business stay.

• Stayed: May 2013
Kasie L, General Manager at Quality Inn of Troy, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for providing a response in regards to your stay. We take great pride in trying to make your stay a memorable experience. Will you please call in reference to your room and let me address any issues.

334-566-1150