“Very Clean, However....”

Quality Inn of Troy
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed May 24, 2012

When you walk in it initially very clean smelling and feeling. I love the layout of the hotel with the huge windows that open onto the parking lot. The decor is very modern.

I would have given it 5 stars except:
1. everyday we had a housekeeper walk right into our room. Including in the middle of the afternoon.
2. The housekeepers bang on the door like there is a fire and do not wait before entering.
3. There was a huge, huge flying coach roach and some ear wigs.
4. The internet constantly drops out and is beyond slow. This by far is one of the worst wi fi experiences and we travel often.

We spent several nights here. On the plus side.
1. Very clean feeling
2. The rug is clean and fresh looking
3. Its big and spacious
4. There is a coach
5. a flat HD TV
6. They have tons of cable channels including HBO, most hotels do not
7. The decor is very nice and modern, most hotels the decor is dated and old.
8. The bed is comfortable and I love the blankets.
9. Housekeeping is very nice and helpful if they would stop walking in the rooms.
10. There is a large fridge and most hotels have small fridges.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Misty F, General Manager at Quality Inn of Troy, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay here with us at Quality Inn, Troy, AL. I am glad you had a good stay with us. We are glad that we did what was needed to make your stay pleasant.

The minor criticisms you left us, I'll use as growing tools for the team as well as to make sure that anything we need do take care of, that we do.

I hope that when your travles bring you back to the area that you'll come back and visit with us again.

Misty Ferguson

Reviewed February 5, 2012

Spent two nights at this hotel for a band clinic at Troy University. First for the good points - the beds were very comfortable and we were able to check in early. The water pressure was great in the shower. It was great to have both a microwave and refrigerator in the room. The breakfast was normal breakfast fare, adequate but nothing special. Now, for why I probably won't stay again. The rooms are definitely older and need some updating. The carpet and tile were worn; the carpet was ripped in places. The cleaning was questionable, especially the tiles and along the walls. The comforter on the bed was torn and ripped in places. It took about 10 minutes to get back and forth from the hotel to Troy University. Finally, I was a woman traveling with my daughter and they placed us in a room on the backside of the property that felt very isolated (outside entrance to the room). I know I could have probably asked for a different room, but was tired on arrival and just wanted to check in and relax. There are properties that are newer and closer to the school that include breakfast, and I will probably choose one of those properties in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the courtyard area so that you are not placed in a room on the backside of the pro...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2011

They have completely redone the rooms. New beds, new carpet, shower, vanity you name it! The beds were some of the most comfortable I have slept in! Loved it!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2009

Sure it's one of Holiday Inn's older properties, but the rooms are clean and appointed typical Holiday Inn which means cluttered with too much furniture in such a small space. However, what impressed me was the friendly staff. Sure, I could stay at a newer hotel and pay more, but why pay for rude service or a cold welcome. This was a welcomed suprise for a true road warrior.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2009

For the past 4-5 years we have been traveling to Ala, for Thanksgiving to visit my in laws. We visit this Holiday Inn, at least twice a year. We stayed there in 03/09. That stay wasn't one of our best stays. The hotel seemed ran down, TERRIBLE CHEAP BEDS, room decor looks like items purchased from the local dollar general store. But, we said we'll try it again. MARCH 2009, was the worst stay there EVER. The pool water was green, and dirty, they said the water pump had broken about 2 weeks prior, the bedding wasn't the cleanest. Actually, when we arrived the room they gave us had hair all over the bed, as if someone got up and made it up. The heating wasn't working, it's pretty cold in March. They gave another room.....let's just say we made the best of our stay. There hot buffet breakfast was awesome this time, in all the years of staying there I never enjoyed it. I guess when when 1 thing declines something else improves!!!!!!!!!!!!They had the nerve to send us a survey, after giving all my complaints, an apology was never given. I would NEVER stay at this hotel again, UNLESS its under NEW MANAGEMENT. By the way the city has grown so much, there are so many new restaurants, stores, and there is a BRAND NEW Bestwestern Hotel, it's beautiful.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2008

This is an old Holiday Inn with exterior doors on two levels. It's a large facility but with no inner courtyard. I mention this as the noise of autos, people walking by outside your room, people talking outside, etc. is quite loud. The hotel apparently is used by truckers and they start their diesel engines early in the morning. Be sure you request an room as far away from the parking lot as you can get. On the plus side, the hotel is very well maintained and has a great staff. There is free breakfast and good internet service. The room was comfortably large and the bed comfortable. We had a problem with the tub drain and the manager was most interested in hearing about it and having it fixed. Next door is a Holiday Inn Express owned by the same management company. When we tried to get a smoking king room there, we were told that they only had double bedded rooms available, no kings or queens. Maybe they were already booked. They called over to the Holiday Inn to be sure that a king smoking was available.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank FarAndWide_Traveller
Reviewed January 9, 2007

This hotel ranks as one of the best Holiday Inns I have ever stayed in! The room was on the small size, but was extremely clean. The staff were very friendly. Free breakfast bar. Pet friendly place!

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled solo