“Another Troy Landmark Buffet”
Review of Julia's Restaurant

Julia's Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 64 Restaurants in Troy
Troy, Alabama
“Another Troy Landmark Buffet”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have eaten breakfast, lunch and dinner at Julia's. I have never had a bad meal at this buffet. I know longer eat breakfast here, because it is too expensive. Granted, it is a buffet breakfast and the food is plenteous, but I can't see paying more than $10 for breakfast. Julia's serves a delicious seafood buffet on Friday nights (I think it is Fridays. Could be Saturdays. It's been a while since I have been there for the seafood buffet.) The food is always delicious. It is a very popular place for Sunday lunch. If you don't get there until after 1 pm on Sunday, the food supply will be low and it is replenished rather slowly. Regardless, it's a great place to eat. The serve staff is tops.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Richard H

Rogers, AR
“Southern Hospitality, $9 Buffett”
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

First time in Troy and saw the crowded parking lot and the backed up traffic on the hill ahead of us and we u-turned back to Julia's. Good value choice for Southern cooking, fried chicken, catfish, blackened peas, yellow squash, turnip greens, and more. I had no room for dessert, but the banana pudding looked good. At $9, including a drink, it is a very good value.

2 Thank REDHOG
Dothan, Alabama
“Great Food & Service”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

What a charming place to eat. Some friends and I went there for lunch on a Saturday; it was my first time, but it was sure enough good! It was buffet with a large variety of items to choose from. Also, I found the entire staff pleasant and helpful.

Visited November 2013
Montgomery, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great lunch, as always”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Great Restaurant!
Fantastic selection, excellent food, reasonable prices, and friendly service too!!!

• Visited October 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Deep fried salad, anyone?”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stopped here for a late lunch/early dinner as part of a group activity. When I heard about the place I had low expectations and after my meal decided that they were met. We all had the buffet whic was canned vegetables, deep fried meat deep fried checken, and deep fried fish. I think they may have deep fried it all together. I'm from the south and like the occasional traditional southern meal, but his place is best avoided. The soft serve icecream was good, however, and the place is cheap. We also didn't have to spend a lot of time in there. As they say, "you can have it fast, you can have it cheap, and you can have it good - which two do you want?" If you want it fast and you want it cheap, stroll on in to Julia's.

• Visited April 2013