“Very good home cookin'!!”

Sisters' Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 64 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: American
Troy
“Very good home cookin'!!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Sisters' is an unassuming establishment with no frills. The decor is simple and plain, but, the food is absolutely delicious. The service is wonderful and the staff is very nice. If you don't have the time or expertise to cook a good home cooked meal, then, I suggest Sisters'. When in season, the fried green tomatoes are incredible!

• Visited March 2014

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Great food”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Very good buffet. Lots of good healthy choices. I had the baked chicken, limabeans, greens, and a salad. Excellent. The peach cobbler is to die for. Stays busy.

Visited February 2014
Coffeeville, Alabama
“Love Sisters!”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

My daughter and I both look forward to eating at Sisters every Sunday afternoon when I come to visit. I love to cook, but it so much more enjoyable to have some one else cook for you and taste just as good. I do not eat fried foods and love vegetables. Their variety of vegetables is wonderful and the baked chicken is delicious. The dessert alone is worth trip!! Awesome banana pudding and bread pudding. Just a tad pricey, but is so worth it !! :)

• Visited December 2013
Tyrone, Georgia
“Filled our need”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I am going to begin by giving a disclaimer: this was not a routine meal at a restaurant for me. I was there with a middle school group that the restaurant opened for outside their regular hours. We were three hours from home and needed a meal after a performance and before heading back home.
The restaurant is rather boring looking from the outside but has a much nicer atmosphere inside. It is quite large and can hold quite a few people in a few different rooms.
Our trip organizer had ordered in advance and the restaurant had the food already plated and on tables with drinks and all we had to do was walk in and sit down and eat. This was a great idea as it was already after 3pm and we had a group of hungry kids. I am sure we got what we paid for but I found it rather tacky that they served the meal on styrofoam plates. Although it was a kid friendly meal, I am going to assume it was reflective of what we could expect at a regular time. The chicken tenders were excellent and I loved the dipping sauce they served with it. However, the green beans were canned and rather bland and the mashed potatoes very thin.
Based on the attitude of the lady in charge, I am not sure they appreciated our business. Our kids were very well behaved so it could not have been an issue with that. They set out the exact number of plates that our organizer ordered but did not take into consideration seating preferences. They even put a single plate on one table expecting someone to sit there alone. They seemed irritated that we seemed to be having a hard time finding a place to sit.
Again, it was okay and suited our need. I'm not sure I would return if I find myself in the area again.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank PatriotGal
Dothan, Alabama
“Fried and overcooked food”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

One of the "must go" places recommended when I moved to Troy, AL, it was a bit of a disappointment. There is not a lot of choice on the buffet but everything was "southern style." That is overcooked, fatty, and fried. Sometimes you are in the mood for that and sometimes not. The staff was great and the décor was homey. The prices were average.

• Visited November 2012