“Great Steak”

Santa Fe Cattle Company
Ranked #3 of 64 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stopped at this place on our way home from Panama City Beach. It was the best meal we had during our vacation. Due to dental work I have not even ventured to try a steak in five years, but they claimed the filet could be cut with a fork so I gave it a try. It was absolutely amazing! I ordered it medium rare and I could truly cut it with my fork and it just melted in my mouth. My green beans I chose for one of my sides were very tasty and seasoned well. The fried potatoes with onions were also great as my other side. The warm, soft rolls with cinnamon butter were also delicious. I hope I get by that way again sometime so I can stop in for another meal.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

adequate food with good service.We had a large group and the service was good with many people, but i should not have ordered salmon at a steakhouse.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

If you have eaten at a Santa Fe, then you know what to expect. Food was good and the menu has plenty of variety. It is a good place for a larger group, but expect to wait on a busy night no matter what the size of your party. Service was good. You can have roasted peanuts while you wait and the shells are just thrown on the floor. So the entry can be quite messy as you come in the door. Drinks are usually very good also.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Had a very good steak, cooked to my liking. Service was excellent--waiter "Tyler" could not have been nicer or more attentive--we felt lucky to have him when we observed one of his co-workers waiting her tables. Atmosphere rustic--similar to a chain we have in Florida--peanut shells on floor, "cabin" like décor--we enjoyed it.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Don't expect much in the taste department. Not bad, but not great. They seem to be known for throwing peanut shells on the floor.I've eaten at the one in Troy and Enterprise. The food tastes the same but the service is night and day. Troy's servers have to be waived down and asked to refill your drink.There aren't too many choices in Troy. if you low expectations Santa Fe will be above par.