“Good food”

Add it.
country's barbecue
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Ate here twice during our trip. Good food, large portions and fun atmosphere. Sweet tea is great. I like that the meat is smoked without sauce and you choose what type of sauce you want.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Our server was great and the sweet tea was fantastic. Nothing else was worth eating, the dining room was dirty and it took forever to get our food. We walked past several tables that needed bussing on our way to ours. Wife immediately asked for a towel to wipe our table because it was sticky. Pork was dry and tasteless, bun cold and barely toasted. Other reviews were not good but I ignored them. ALWAYS pay attention to tripadvisor reviews!

CountrysBarbecue, Public Relations Manager at country's barbecue, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Dear XV920J, I am sorry to hear about your recent experience at our Troy location. I am going to address these issues immediately with our Troy staff. I greatly apologize and appreciate your feedback so that we can improve.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We've eaten at this restaurant several times when traveling from Florida to Alabama. Our last visit on May 17th was definitely the last time we will stop there. While the food was adequate, the restaurant itself was really dirty. It wasn't until our food was served that I noticed the film of grease coating the condiments and napkin holder. I realized then that everything I looked at or touched-windows, table, chair-was greasy.

1  Thank eaglefl347
CountrysBarbecue, Public Relations Manager at country's barbecue, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Eaglefl347, thank you for bringing this issue to my attention. As the owner of 4 Country's Barbecue Restaurants, including the Troy location, I am disappointed and will be addressing your concern personally. I do hope you will give us another try on your next trip! Thank you again!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Attended conference in Troy which provided food from this restaurant. Barbeque was outstanding! We had the chopped beef and chicken, potato salad, baked beans, bread and condiments. The meat was moist and tender (just delicious). Can't say enough about the amazing desserts. Chocolate pie and buttermilk pie to die for! Excellent meal with staff that made the experience a wonderful one.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Our server was the most pleasant and helpful person that we could have asked for. the food was OK but seemed like it had been prepared far too in advance. We were just passing through and stopped in and got a decent, quick meal