“Good value, clean, comfortable”

Best Western Troy Inn
Best Western Troy Inn
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Troy
Lenexa, Kansas
“Good value, clean, comfortable”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed at this location twice in a two week period during a business trip in August 2012. Room was clean, comfortable. First visit was marred with a problem with the electronic door lock, had problems with it every day and had to have the staff let me in a few times. To the credit of the management, they did credit me with a free day, which was unexpected. Breakfast is typical for this class of motel, basic, but did the job. Wifi signal was strong. Location is somewhat away from the main drag, which is not a negative. Staff was very friendly. Bed, to me, was comfortable. Had to make a second trip to Troy during my trip, and did not hesitate to go back to this motel, which says a lot.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Stayed here in July 2012. This was one of the bests economical options for the price in the area. Overall, a good option for this location, but not a lot to do.

We had family in three other hotels in the area and some were worse, some were better. I booked though hotwire and (only saved $3/night from regular price if I had booked directly through hotel).

Pros: Hotel in a good location for that area (food stores and hospital down the street, which I had to utilize after that freezing pool made my child sick). Rooms are spacious, and reasonably clean for the most part (exception was the carpet which was filthy with red stains, so we kept socks on at all time). Free full Breakfast was great. Staff was accomidating.

Cons: Dirty carpet, and not a lot to do in the hotel. EXTREMELY COLD POOL. Pool is indoor so very noisy since sound bounces off the walls and tends to be very warm and humid in the room, maybe because the pool doesn't have heat and possibly not a lot of clorine used in it because most of the children in my party got sick with colds and fevers after getting out of the pool, and I had to take my little one to Emergency room down the street it got so bad. There are only 3 machines in fitness center and 2 of them were broken. So with broken gym equipment, and a pool too cold to enjoy, not a lot to do but look at all the trees and hills outside that you see.

Room Tip: Avoid pool & bring things for kids to do.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Texas
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Needed a place to stay on our trip from a day at Ft. Walton Beach to Montgomery. This place was located an adequate distance. We had a nice stay. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Stayed here for a college visit with my son. Friendly staff that seemed to enjoy working there. Room was nice and clean. Only 2 very minor things. The water in the bathroom sink never got cold. You could either have hot or warm, which is fine for washing your face, but I like cold water for brushing my teeth. The second was the air conditioning. I could never seem to get it adjusted quite right. I either had it too cold or just a little too warm and so the room felt stuffy. Overall, I would definately stay here again and will probably make many more trips here. The only reason I would choose to stay at the Hampton Inn would be if all 5 of us came. The room we had would be too small for a roll away bed with the 2 queen beds that were in there. Breakfast consisted of pastries, cereal, waffles and bacon, eggs and sausage. We got to breakfast about 8:30 both mornings and there was plenty to choose from, and I noticed that another guest asked for a different flavor of oatmeal and they were able to accommodate him.

• Stayed June 2012
Huntsville, AL
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We stay here often for Troy baseball games. Is on the northern part of Troy on the main Highway 231, and is convenient to everything. The rooms are nice, and they seem to keep them updated. In fact they are renovating the bathrooms for several rooms now.
There is an adequate exercise room and pool, free continental breakfast, and very good wifi coverage.
All in all, a nice place to stay. Many stay here on their way to Florida.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sputnik54
Lake City, FL
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I was tired from an all day trip on the road and looking for a nice place to stay - I didn't have a reservation and it was 6:30 at night. I took a chance and am glad I decided on this hotel. The staff at the front desk was so helpful and friendly and got me a room right away. She told me where some good eating places were (close to the hotel). I got some dinner and settled in for the evening - thank goodness for WiFi - I was able to catch up with family to let them know when I'd be home and even doing a little playing on my Cafe World in Facebook. Good night's sleep and back on the road but not before I had a light breakfast in the hotel lobby. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank tonibriley
Troy
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I am a Road Warrior and since I spend so much time in hotels I am very particular. This BEst Western like most in the chain is a great deal. Rooms are spacious, clean, and beds comfortable. I spent at least 1 nivht a month at this location for the last 3 years. The staff is great and they easily have the nicest hotel in this college town.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business