All reviews the managers historical facts king room front desk stayed here theme business housekeeping lobby choices alabama
Reviewed December 15, 2017

I was going to stay at the Quality Inn but they were full. So I tried this place. The staff was great, Terrie was friendly and George was great. The rooms were old and dated it seemed like they randomly threw stuff together. The lampshades were stained and the shower heads were really old. breakfast was good. I would suggest first trying the Quality Inn then stay here only if you have no other choice. Thomasville has only a couple of hotel choices.

1  Thank asakigrubb
Brandy C, Guest Relations Manager at Hometown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2017

asakigrubb,

Your review and rating of our hotel mean a lot to us, and we thank you for taking the time to share this experience. We appreciate your time in pointing out the lampshades and the shower head in most need of attention as we work towards updating and improving upon our accommodations. Thank you so much for the compliments to our staff, and do come back soon.

Reviewed November 22, 2017

One of the best places I have stayed in a long time. All the staff is really friendly and the rooms were really cleaned. I particularly enjoyed the recliner in my king room and the variety of breakfast offered. Each day the breakfast attendant has something new to offer. The hallways are just amazing with the American history.

1  Thank Q I
Guest_Relations_2018, Guest Relations Manager at Hometown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2017

Q I,

Thank you so much for your feedback and kind words regarding the five star service and
accommodations that you received during your most recent stay with us! It is very rewarding to hear from you on this matter and we appreciate that you have
acknowledged our efforts to provide a clean, comfortable, and hospitable experience. We are all looking forward to your next visit and hope it will be just as enjoyable.

Reviewed November 19, 2017

I usually stay next door at the Quality Inn. Same owner I believe, they were sold out and I ended staying here. They have a unique and interesting idea. The theme of the hotel is all about America, it is like walking through a museum, you can learn about our history. But back to the hotel much like the Quality Inn the staff is wonderful. breakfast is top notch, the rooms are very cozy and clean. If you're driving by and need a place to stay or if you are in town for business you have 2 choices here and both are great places. If you're traveling with kids you should stop by and see this place..

1  Thank George K
Guest_Relations_2018, Guest Relations Manager at Hometown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2017

George K,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey and for rating our hotel so highly! I am so glad that you found our hotel to be clean and convenient and that you enjoyed the five star accommodations and hospitality that we strive to show to each guest, during every stay. We hope you're looking forward to your next stay as much as we are!

Reviewed August 9, 2017

From our arrival to our departure everything was perfect. My wife and I were traveling to Alabama for a funeral and had already booked a room at another hotel down the street, but when we arrived, changed our mind after visiting the location. Then we went to the Comfort Inn next door and they had an allergen producing deodorizer in the lobby. I did ask if that was on every floor, but none of them seemed to know anything nor did any of them seem to be customer service-oriented.

As luck would have it, I went right next door to the Hometown Inn, and we were greeted warmly, asked if we wanted a cold drink - water, soda. The lobby smelled clean not perfumed, as they seemed to be using an odor neutralizer as opposed to the allergy producing perfume that a lot of the Comfort Inns use.

Friendly desk staff, clean room, nice southern style free breakfast in the morning, no pets. Only one thing, there is no elevator, but the stairs were fine for us.

I would definitely stay there again. I'd like to thank the staff for making a time of bereavement more bearable.

Room Tip: No stairs so if that is an issue for you, ask for a ground floor.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Keevin P
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Hometown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

Hi Keevin, I'm so sorry for your loss. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and share this experience. We are glad to know that you had no complaints about our room and that you find our staff very friendly. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed our breakfast and our other amenities. We can't wait to serve you in the near future once your travel brings back to the area.

Reviewed July 15, 2017

While being In Fulton, AL for a family reunion, I stayed at a hotel called Hometown Inn in Thomasville AL. On July 2, I was tired and just wanted to get some rest, and since some of my other family members were staying there I chose to go there. Well, after unloading the kids and getting upstairs to get situated, I checked the hotel room out just like any other hotel that I have Stayed at. This was the results of what I found. Bugs, dirty linen (looked like somebody had did their grown up business)and a nasty and filthy shower curtain. I complained but the front desk clerk didn't want to come to check so she sent the security guard up there to give a key to another room. I go to another room and the shower curtain was still nasty. I was so tired so I decided to go to sleep and talk to the manager in the morning. When I woke up, she wasn't there. The nice lady at the desk took my complaint as well as these pictures and said that she would have the manager to contact me. Sadly to say that I had to keep calling in order for somebody to talk to me. Then I just talked to the rude owner today and she told me that I had a 12 min window to complain and I didn't so she couldn't refund me. I've literally been trying to call the owner since I left. I was trying to explain my frustration and she told me not to come back then since I said that it was nasty. Then she had nerves to say not to call back there again because shes not going to do nothing for me. The hotels in Thomasville is not even worth a $112. I stayed because there wasn't many options. I promise you this one thing, I will NOT spend another cent with that hotel or anything affiliated with it. Y'all better alert your family and friends of how nasty that hotel is and to always check their room. I also have our conversation documented so that she couldn't lie and say that she didn't say it. #nasty #ThomasvilleAL #Hometowninn #rudeowner #Share #Share #Share

Room Tip: If you looking for a room with nasty linen, shower curtains, comforters, and bugs, this is the place for you.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Chosentodo G
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Hometown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2017

Dear Chosentodo G,

Thank you for letting us know about the inconveniences that you encountered during your
recent stay at our hotel. It is distressing to hear that you encountered a number of issues with our housekeeping and guest services and I want you to know that we take your comments very seriously and are working hard and fast to address these problems in hopes of improving upon the guest experience. We hope you'll return someday to see how we've grown thanks to valuable guest feedback.