All reviews american history small town look forward coming back stayed here a great stay king room front desk friendly smile the managers staff members were extremely decorated beautifully enjoyable stay historical facts visit family breakfast attendant next morning
Reviewed July 15, 2017

While being In Fulton, AL for a family reunion, I stayed at a hotel called Hometown Inn in Thomasville AL. On July 2, I was tired and just wanted to get some rest, and since some of my other family members were staying there I chose to go there. Well, after unloading the kids and getting upstairs to get situated, I checked the hotel room out just like any other hotel that I have Stayed at. This was the results of what I found. Bugs, dirty linen (looked like somebody had did their grown up business)and a nasty and filthy shower curtain. I complained but the front desk clerk didn't want to come to check so she sent the security guard up there to give a key to another room. I go to another room and the shower curtain was still nasty. I was so tired so I decided to go to sleep and talk to the manager in the morning. When I woke up, she wasn't there. The nice lady at the desk took my complaint as well as these pictures and said that she would have the manager to contact me. Sadly to say that I had to keep calling in order for somebody to talk to me. Then I just talked to the rude owner today and she told me that I had a 12 min window to complain and I didn't so she couldn't refund me. I've literally been trying to call the owner since I left. I was trying to explain my frustration and she told me not to come back then since I said that it was nasty. Then she had nerves to say not to call back there again because shes not going to do nothing for me. The hotels in Thomasville is not even worth a $112. I stayed because there wasn't many options. I promise you this one thing, I will NOT spend another cent with that hotel or anything affiliated with it. Y'all better alert your family and friends of how nasty that hotel is and to always check their room. I also have our conversation documented so that she couldn't lie and say that she didn't say it. #nasty #ThomasvilleAL #Hometowninn #rudeowner #Share #Share #Share

Room tip: If you looking for a room with nasty linen, shower curtains, comforters, and bugs, this is the place for you.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Chosentodo G
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Hometown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2017

Dear Chosentodo G,

Thank you for letting us know about the inconveniences that you encountered during your
recent stay at our hotel. It is distressing to hear that you encountered a number of issues with our housekeeping and guest services and I want you to know that we take your comments very seriously and are working hard and fast to address these problems in hopes of improving upon the guest experience. We hope you'll return someday to see how we've grown thanks to valuable guest feedback.

Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

The rooms are very clean. Friendly staff. This is my second time staying here. Good breakfast. Coming from Nashville, Tn...this was the best hotel I found down here in the country. I will stay again. My extended family lives in Grove Hill so although I have to travel a few more miles down the road..this hotel is convenient. The pool is clean also.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Erica C

Erica C,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey and for rating our Hometown Inn hotel so highly! I am so glad that you found our hotel to be clean and convenient and that you enjoyed the breakfast as well and hospitality that we strive to show to each guest, during every stay. We're good you had a great time with us and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed January 27, 2017 via mobile

There weren't a lot of choices here, but I believe this is as good as it gets there. Forget looking for your rewards hotel chains! The people are very friendly and the rooms were clean. There aren't a lot of choices for food, but the few are pretty good, as long as you like catfish, buffets, or steaks.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Management response:Responded February 1, 2017

Hi Chris E

Reviewed November 29, 2016

The staff of this hotel is wonderful. I always have a great stay here. Everyone is very friendly. Hotel is clean as always. Since my last stay the hotel as acquired new artwork regarding America and its history and the place looks great. Look forward to coming back for my next stay.

Room tip: King Rooms have recliners
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank M1 V
Management response:Responded December 1, 2016

M1

The entire staff appreciates your kind words and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us again. On behalf of my entire staff, we look forward to welcoming you home again.

Reviewed November 14, 2016 via mobile

We enjoy our one night. The staff were polite and helpful about eating near by.
They have interesting books you can borrow to read about history. The hallways were decorated with interesting photos, so take your time to visit both floors to see.
We stay in king bed; this room was on the first floor. The rooms were clean and big inside. The have microwave, refrigerator, a long shower curtain (so water don't spill out from your shower) and a large comfortable recliner.
The breakfast consists of bagels, white and wheat toast, French toast, eggs, sausage, cereal, yogurt, applesauce, fruit, instant grits and oatmeal.
The restaurant we eat at was in walking distance.

Date of stay: November 2016
1  Thank pennyl644
Management response:Responded November 18, 2016

Hi Penny L

Thank you very much for kind words, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Hometown Inn and that all members of my staff provided great hospitality to you. My staff and I look forward to welcoming you home again. The next time you come, we hope to have additional decorations around the hotel supporting America and the Armed Forces.

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your room and its amenties as well as the breakfast items we offer.

We look forward to welciming you back to Hometown Inn again.