All reviews small town american history look forward coming back king room stayed here the managers staff members were extremely historical facts front desk a great stay visit family breakfast attendant theme choices business lobby
Reviewed November 14, 2016 via mobile

We enjoy our one night. The staff were polite and helpful about eating near by.
They have interesting books you can borrow to read about history. The hallways were decorated with interesting photos, so take your time to visit both floors to see.
We stay in king bed; this room was on the first floor. The rooms were clean and big inside. The have microwave, refrigerator, a long shower curtain (so water don't spill out from your shower) and a large comfortable recliner.
The breakfast consists of bagels, white and wheat toast, French toast, eggs, sausage, cereal, yogurt, applesauce, fruit, instant grits and oatmeal.
The restaurant we eat at was in walking distance.

Date of stay: November 2016
1  Thank pennyl644
Management response:Responded November 18, 2016

Hi Penny L

Thank you very much for kind words, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Hometown Inn and that all members of my staff provided great hospitality to you. My staff and I look forward to welcoming you home again. The next time you come, we hope to have additional decorations around the hotel supporting America and the Armed Forces.

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your room and its amenties as well as the breakfast items we offer.

We look forward to welciming you back to Hometown Inn again.

Reviewed August 30, 2016

I was in town in Demopolis on Business and even though Demopolis has a number of hotels. I travelled 45 minutes to Thomasville, because this place is just great. All the employees are very friendly and the rooms are extremely clean. They always welcome you like you part of the Hometown Family. There is always a friendly smile waiting to greet you at the front desk. They also have some new great artwork since I last came and the new lobby looks great with all the America themed decorations. I will always stay here when in this or surrounding areas for business.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Management response:Responded August 31, 2016

Dear 219Traveller

My staff and I Thank you very much for the kind words. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us again. We appreciate you always choosing Hometown Inn as place of rest and relaxation when you are in the area for business.

Mike V

Reviewed August 21, 2016 via mobile

My family and I were treated horrible because we asked for a clean room with a working air conditioner and clean fridge. The hotel staff was rude and nasty. The beds had hair and yellow stains in them. The air conditioner was broken. The fridge had sticky stains in it. Instead of changing the sheets, they tried to give us clean sheets and said "you change them". And when we complained and asked for a refund or a cleaner room; they told us they would come look at the room themselves. However, instead of coming to view the disgusting room; they called the police on us. The police asked for I.D. AND social security number? The police was trying to find something to arrest us for however we all work in health care and have no records therefore we were escorted off the premises WITHOUT A REFUND. Then they called every hotel in Thomasville and told them we were trouble and not to rent to us. Smh....WORST EXPERIENCE WE HAVE EVER HAD AND WE VISIT THOMASVILLE OFTEN. Usually stay next door at the Quality Inn which who by the remembered us since we ALWAYS stay there when in town and said "We never have issues with you guys"; however since Hometown Inn bad mouth us before going there would not rent to us.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Angela D
Management response:Responded August 30, 2016

Angela D,

It is unfortunate that you feel this way. however please allow me the opportunity to clarify a few of the facts of this particular stay:

1: Guest was called 10 minutes after check in and asked is everything okay with the room and guest mentioned everything was great.
2. Guest stayed in room for 3 hours and then decided that the room was unsatisfactory.
3. Guest was provided another room to stay in but guest was not happy with that particular room either.
4. At this point to local law enforcement are called purely to arbitrate the situation.
5. Guest choose to leave the property and find another place to stay.

I apologize for the fact that you were not satisfied with your stay, however as managers we took the appropriate steps to move you and your family to another room.

Reviewed July 15, 2016

I traveled to Thomasville on Business and did not know where to stay as this was the first time I had ever been there and I took a chance on this hotel and I do not regret it at all. Every single staff member that I met spoke to me including the managers, housekeepers, front desk, maintenance. The hotels decor and support for America is just great. The lobby is decorated beautifully. My room was clean and comfortable. I definitely will be coming back here again when I am in town.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Management response:Responded July 16, 2016

Hi M1 V

Reviewed July 3, 2016 via mobile

There was horrible hospitality.. It took forever to get a room & no one was even here. The owners were really means and rude. My family came to visit me and they said that they couldn't be in the room.. They had a problems Bc of kids.. Kids are gonna be kids. Grow up!!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Niecy J
Management response:Responded July 15, 2016

Dear Niecy J,

I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. The hometown family hopes that when you come to town again you will give us another opportunity to provide a more favorable stay.