“Local restaurant”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stumbled upon this restaurant for lunch. Great fresh seafood items on menu. The fried shrimp was delicious! Reasonable priced menu.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We had a lovely time with charming wait staff and a delicious meal. Deciding what to select was difficult, so we built our own dinner for two including fish, crawfish, oysters, and shrimp plus potato and gumbo. Add a couple glasses of house wine and we dinned for $60. Monday through Sunday they offer all you can eat specials as well. Although the décor is very "down home", we had fun and will be back next trip!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We were visiting the coast and had completed our visit to Bellingrath Garden. I found Baudean's through Urban Spoon. It doesn't look very impressive from outside, but we decided to try it anyway. We were not disappointed. Our server was attentive without being overbearing. The health rating is 96, attesting to the fact that the place is clean and follows food preparation regulations. We each had the broiled shrimp and they were prepared perfectly. Our side orders were equally well prepared. The salads were modest in size, but very fresh. We would recommend Baudean's to our best friends. What more can we say?

Reviewed May 22, 2013

This was the worst restaurant we've had the misfortune to encounter. The restaurant is filthy. The ceiling fans are caked in filth and the decorations have likely never been cleaned. The service was bad. To put it nicely the food was not good. We each ordered something different and none of us liked our meal. I ordered the grouper with pecans over wild rice. The rice was not good, the fish was just bad and the pecans were burnt...and there were a LOT of pecans. My husband wouldn't even eat it and he'll eat anything. It's really expensive too. I wouldn't mind expensive if it was good but there is no justification for the prices at Beaudeans.

To top it all off when the check was given to us there was tax of 18% added on. 18%??? My husband went up to the counter to ask about that and the woman, who seemed to be the owner, told him that this particular waitress always adds her own tip on. I know that some places have a policy that tip is automatically added on but I don't imagine it's legal to pretend that the tip you decided to award yourself is a tax. At the very least its not honest. This waitress had actually written this forced tip in the space marked "Tax". I'm sure in hopes we wouldn't catch it and would add on an additional tip. I wonder how many people have fallen prey to this waitress' scam. The owner decreased the "tip".

We will never return. Throughout this meal we kept saying we did not understand how anyone could give this place a good review. Do not eat here, there are much better choices nearby...better and cheaper.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Baudean's is a local favorite. It offers a wide variety of well prepared fresh seafood menu options. The grilled crab claws are my favorite. The shrimp is always fresh. The atmosphere is very casual and the staff is very friendly. We eat there often.

1  Thank CMWynn