“We came to the coast for some fresh seafood. What we got was arguably the worst, overpriced meal we had the misfortune of atte”
Review of Baudean's

Baudean's
Ranked #3 of 30 Restaurants in Theodore
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Being transplanted snowbirds we welcome the chance to get to the coast for some great seafood. I ordered the catfish with wild rice pilaf. Myhusband ordered the fried shrimp. He received a large portion of the shrimp. Unfortunately it was fried in the same old oil the hushpuppies and my catfish were. The catfish portion was large but i couldnt even finish more than four bites. It was so fishy tasting i could taste the mud in it. Even the corn on the cob my hubby got was old tasting. When i mentioned how the catfish was not acceptable i was just told that cTfish taste like that. No, in fact in Birmingham a few hundred miles from the coast we have excellent catfish. A very expensive inedible meal. Next time we goto Dauphin island we will zoom past this place.

1  Thank sassytrisha
There are newer reviews for Baudean's

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Baudean's has been my favorite restaurant when visiting Dauphin Island for YEARS! The food is outstanding..expensive, but well worth it in my opinion. The service is usually pretty bad, but it never bothers me here for some reason. It has a great atmosphere, a good bar, and again, the food is outstanding!

1  Thank Sarah55229
Reviewed June 6, 2012

know the owner and the food and service is great
they make you feel right at hone and have some of the best wings on the gulf coast.

1  Thank rhonda m
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

We were staying in dauphin island and heard this was the place to go for seafood...its about a 20 min drive but we wanted to try. The food was good, not great but good; the atmosphere was fine and seemed like a local place; the portions were very large and enough for 2....and the ticket represented that. The 3 in our party ate 3 plates and 2 small appetizers bit had an $89 ticket. We're OK with high costs if the food warrants it but I can't say this did. We'll probably try somewhere else tomorrow night.

1  Thank KathryneS
Reviewed May 11, 2012

On May 7, 2012, my wife and I spent a most pleasant day at Bellingrath Gardens. Being always on the lookout for good seafood restauraunts, we took the advice of the Bellingrath tour boat captain and went to Baudean's. What a mistake!!! We ordered a dozen steamed oysters and a dozen consisting of three types of baked oysters. Out of twenty-four oysters we were able to actually see eight oysters, just barely. When I paid our bill, which I did because I don't pick fights on someone elses turf, I told the cashier that I would have been ashamed to send that meal out of the kitchen. Her reply was, that they knew there was a problem but the owner said serve it anyway.I guess they figured we were passing through and that would be the end of it. Not the end of it......