“Favorite Restaurant when at the beach!”
Review of Baudean's

Baudean's
Ranked #2 of 30 Restaurants in Theodore
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Nashville, Tennessee
“Favorite Restaurant when at the beach!”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Baudean's has been my favorite restaurant when visiting Dauphin Island for YEARS! The food is outstanding..expensive, but well worth it in my opinion. The service is usually pretty bad, but it never bothers me here for some reason. It has a great atmosphere, a good bar, and again, the food is outstanding!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Sarah55229

Theodore, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“loving it”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

know the owner and the food and service is great
they make you feel right at hone and have some of the best wings on the gulf coast.

1 Thank rhonda m
“Good food, large portions, high ticket”
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

We were staying in dauphin island and heard this was the place to go for seafood...its about a 20 min drive but we wanted to try. The food was good, not great but good; the atmosphere was fine and seemed like a local place; the portions were very large and enough for 2....and the ticket represented that. The 3 in our party ate 3 plates and 2 small appetizers bit had an $89 ticket. We're OK with high costs if the food warrants it but I can't say this did. We'll probably try somewhere else tomorrow night.

1 Thank KathryneS
Orange Park, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Worst Restaurant Meal I Have Had In My 67 Years!!”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

On May 7, 2012, my wife and I spent a most pleasant day at Bellingrath Gardens. Being always on the lookout for good seafood restauraunts, we took the advice of the Bellingrath tour boat captain and went to Baudean's. What a mistake!!! We ordered a dozen steamed oysters and a dozen consisting of three types of baked oysters. Out of twenty-four oysters we were able to actually see eight oysters, just barely. When I paid our bill, which I did because I don't pick fights on someone elses turf, I told the cashier that I would have been ashamed to send that meal out of the kitchen. Her reply was, that they knew there was a problem but the owner said serve it anyway.I guess they figured we were passing through and that would be the end of it. Not the end of it......

Visited May 2012
United States
“Overpriced for quality of food”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We ventured from our rental on Dauphin Island one evening, hoping to find some great seafood. Unfortunately, we didn't find it at Baudean's. My husband had the all-you-can-eat crab legs. They were okay, but definitely not great. They were overly salty, which overwhelmed the taste of the crab. An okay, but tiny, salad, along with a small piece of corn on the cob and one, yes one, small redskin potato were the sides. I had a dish called St. Sue Supreme, which was a huge disappointment--overcooked flounder topped with what was supposed to shrimp, crabmeat, mushrooms, and dill sauce. The sauce was non-existent, and the rest of the dish was bland, except for the occasional pocket of seasoning. A salad and decent, though not terribly hot, baked potato were my sides.

The waitress was friendly, and was good with drink refills. However, the kitchen was very slow, even though the restaurant was not crowded. Also, a lingering smell of old cigarette smoke was an unpleasant touch. Overall, we paid way too much for the quality of the meal we received. We will not return to Baudean's if we are ever back in the area.

Visited April 2012