“Good restaurant”

Cuisines: American
Alabama
“Good restaurant”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Very nice place to eat for sandwiches, soups. Certain nights offer special menus such as seafood on Friday nights, wings on Thursday nights, etc. Here's what I have tried: chicken finger sandwich (best I have ever had--on a scale of 1-10, it gets a 10); chicken Caesar, very good--it gets a 9; pulled pork, good--I give this one a 7 (this is not your typical BBQ sandwich on a hamburger style bun--but still good. SOUPS-I can't give a thorough review of all the soups because I can't quit ordering the French onion. Without a doubt the best French onion soup I have had at any price! Please, if you even remotely like french onion soup try it. You won't be disappointed. It's like something you would get at The Peddler in Gatlinburg or at a high dollar restaurant like Shula's.
COOKIES--excellent cookies! These chewy delights are made fresh each day. Even if you're not hungry after your meal get one for later. CHEESE CAKE--I didn't like the cheese cake. I wouldn't get this again. It would be better if they could let it come to room temperature. Then it would be smoother and creamier. Clean, new, comfortable.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank 212Al

Eclectic, Alabama
“"Fast casual" surprise in Tallassee”
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in on a Tuesday evening to enjoy one of the restaurant's wing nights, fantastic as usual. They have many wing flavors but I favor the Sweet Heat. Known for the home made quality of it's food and atmosphere; the dining area is a combination of cozy booths, high table seating and a private banquet room, there are also leather chairs in front of a a stone fireplace. The menu ranges from blue plate specials for lunch and on Sundays, to exquisite sandwiches, soups and "prepared on-site" deserts. One of the best kept secrets in town.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank garyramsey1
PS
“Lunch salads thumbs up”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Neighbors had told us about this cafe. So we stopped while driving through town. The menu and set up is similar to a Panera. We tried the Apple pecan salad and the chef salad with chicken rice and French onion soups. We enjoyed them. They were made with fresh ingredients and tasted homemade. The portion was generous. And all delivered with a smile. The only thing I would suggest is that the pecans be chopped larger. We would like to try sandwiches or the dinner specials next time.

2 Thank Springster
Tallassee, Alabama, Usa
“Great Lunch and Dinner”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is a great place to get a good cup of coffee, quick to go meal, or even a sit down meal. The menu has a wide variety of items such as soups, salads, sandwiches and desserts. They also have a daily special on most days that is not on the regular menu. Also the value of the food, in my opinion, exceeds the price you will pay. On occasion you may be given the wrong order, but this is no different or more common than any other restaurant. The atmosphere of this cafe is relaxed and friendly, and for out of towners, you can expect to get a taste of southern hospitality to go along with your meal. Overall, this is by far my favorite place to eat in the city.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Cale680
“Great local place”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Locally owned bakery, sandwich, salad, and coffee shop. Very clean and great atmosphere. Our family of four had chicken fingers which are homemade and very tasty, buffalo chicken wrap that my husband declared the beat sauce. One of the kids has the kids grilled cheese and said it was very good. Enjoyed frozen custard and homemade chocolate chips for dessert. I highly recommend this restaurant. Looking forward to going back when we are in town!

1 Thank ALmomma