“Best Experience Ever!!!”

Dale Jarrett Racing Adventure
Ranked #10 of 10 things to do in Talladega
More attraction details
Owner description: The Dale Jarrett Racing Adventure is a company that offers ordinary racing fans the opportunity to find out what it’s like to race an authentic racecar on a major racetrack. Our racing “adventurers” come from all over the country to enjoy a life-defining experience. They receive vital training from top racing instructors, wear real racing suits and safety gear, and climb into the seat of a racecar that was once driven by one of the racing greats. Guided by hand signals from the instructor in the seat next to them, racing adventurers learn how to race just like the pros. We surpass the usual “follow-the-leader” approach to racing and teach our guests how to race like a real NASCAR driver does, finding their own line, drafting, and passing, for optimum fun. A 100% safety record and the endorsements of numerous people that have had the experience testify to the excitement, the safety, and the unforgettable thrill of our racing adventure.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I'm not sure there are enough words to describe just how Amazing my experience was with the DJ Racing Adventure. From the minute my dad and I checked in, the lady was so nice and friendly. We were taken to a driver's meeting where the instructor explained everything so well that we didn't have any questions. The guy, William that suited us up was such a character. He smiled and laughed with us. It made it so much more relaxing. My biggest worry was that I am insanely claustrophobic (fear of being closed in). They had told us in the meeting to let them know if we were. I did! I panicked as soon as they put the helmet on me before I even got into the car. I felt the instructor in the car tap me on the leg and told me it would be ok to wait for the helmet. I climbed in the car and had a full blown panic attack. I asked the instructor his name and it was Ben. At that moment he took ahold of my hand and told me it would be ok. He chatted with me while the very nice crew member was buckling me in. They let me tighten the straps as I felt I could. They got me a bottle of water to help me cool off. Ben kept reassuring me that it would be ok. When he had to let go of my hand so he could go over the hand signals, the crew member held my hand. Since they both had so much patience with me, I was ready for the helmet and to fire that car up. What an experience!!! The roar of that engine and the feel of the track was more than I could have ever imagined. My top speed was 174.19mph. It was Unforgettable I will always be grateful for the crew,staff and especially Ben for taking the time with me to make it ok. I have wanted to drive a racecar all my life and the DJ Racing Adventure made that dream come true. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
P.S. My 82 yr.old Dad's top speed was 171mph..

Bonnie Auten
Madison,Alabama

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We were told to be here at 9:00 and we are still waiting to be told when we will do this. Four hours is a long time to wait to find out the start of an expensive experience. Keep being told to "sit tight".

2  Thank cathyMemphis_Tn
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Was scheduled to start at 10:00 am and will at least be two and a half hours late if at all - they need to learn from the Petty program - they have a great system.

3  Thank Wkbrian
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I knew when I woke up that the day was going to be special and boy, it didn't disappoint! I actually got to drive a Ferrari at Talledega Superspeedway! Truly unbelievable! And the Dale Jarrett team were wonderful - professional, fun, excited for us all and maybe the most important thing, completely focused on our safety! I would do it again in a hearbeat!

1  Thank Mary D
See more reviews
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My wife received 10 laps for her birthday. We came down with our 2 kids and my wife's parents and had a great time at the track (right off I-20). We arrived a few hours early to checkout the International Motor Sports Hall of Fame located right outside the track. Everything is marked clearly and easy to find inside the track. Once we got there and registered the DJRA folks asked if anyone else wanted to drive or ride. I guess if there are openings they try to fill those slots. My wife's parents ended getting a 4 lap ride along which was an unexpected thrill for them. We came on a Saturday, there were a lot of people there, there were 5 cars running. There was a lot of waiting and we were there for around 4 hours, but we weren't surprised by this as the website tells you how long to expect. Be prepared to be asked if you want to pay for the $80 video of your drive. There is an in-car camera and a front view camera that captures everything. they put the video on an SD card and hand it to you before you leave the track. They also offer $40 photos as well. It seems a little over-priced but both the video and photos are excellent. The one thing that is included in your fee is your timesheet which lists your top speeds, ave speeds and lap times. Everyone with DJRA were very nice and professional. My wife had the time of her life and wants to come back to try and best her top speed. The cars they drive are restrictor plate and we're told can only go up to 175 mph. It was pretty cool being the only folks on the Talladega infield, in the drivers meeting room, and on pit road. If you go when it's hot the drivers meeting room has a/c and there is a tent for the drivers/riders. They sell bottled water, gatorade, and/or soda for $1. Dress accordingly (but be sure to wear closed toed shoes) because the inside of the cars will be HOT and you'll be suited up in a fire suit and helmet. If you can handle the price, the wait, and the heat then be prepared to squeeze yourself into the window of that nascar and get strapped into your seat for the drive/ride of your life.

Rachel B, Front Office Manager at Dale Jarrett Racing Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

We would like to note that the racecars are not restrictor plate racecars. The vehicles are capable of racing higher than 175 mph. The top speed record for 2012 was 186 mph. We're glad you had such a great time with us!