“A lifetime memory”

Dale Jarrett Racing Adventure
Ranked #7 of 7 things to do in Talladega
More attraction details
Owner description: The Dale Jarrett Racing Adventure is a company that offers ordinary racing fans the opportunity to find out what it’s like to race an authentic racecar on a major racetrack. Our racing “adventurers” come from all over the country to enjoy a life-defining experience. They receive vital training from top racing instructors, wear real racing suits and safety gear, and climb into the seat of a racecar that was once driven by one of the racing greats. Guided by hand signals from the instructor in the seat next to them, racing adventurers learn how to race just like the pros. We surpass the usual “follow-the-leader” approach to racing and teach our guests how to race like a real NASCAR driver does, finding their own line, drafting, and passing, for optimum fun. A 100% safety record and the endorsements of numerous people that have had the experience testify to the excitement, the safety, and the unforgettable thrill of our racing adventure.
Reviewed December 6, 2012

The Jarrett Racing Adventure crew is dedicated to giving you a lifetime memory, and they do just that. Everything revolves around making sure you have a fantastic experience, from beginning to end. The instructors are awesome, and the experience makes you appreciate what the NASCAR guys do each week so much more. I did 10 laps; although they offer a 6-lap option, you need to do at least 10 laps, because it takes 4-5 laps for your brain to adjust to the speed. At that point, instead of just trying to keep up mentally with the track, everything "slows down" in your head and you can "see the track" so much better.

You will leave wondering how the "big boys" can run 18 times as many laps at even higher speeds just a few inches away from each other. If this doesn't make you respect their abilities, nothing will!

Bring the wife/kids - they add to the experience, too, because you'll want to reflect with someone who shared in the adventure. I'm eagerly looking forward to going back next year, and you will, too!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Wow. After driving Daytona speedway twice and Las Vegas speedway for 30 laps,this one is awesome in comparison. There is NO pilot car-just some great instructor sitting next to you and believe me,if you want to go-they let you go! After a nice and easy to understand orientation you are strapped in and cut loose. It is something that you wont hardly forget quickly or maybe at all. They take great care of you at Talladega and I say it's worth every penny! I did the 20 lap drive and will be headed back for more!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

My fiancee and I just did a 10 lap drive at Talledega and had the time of our lives. It was simply amazing and awesome!!! Everything was top notch from checking in to the pits to the drive. Everyone was helpful and friendly...set on making this the best time you ever had on vacation. The instructors are great and guide you through everything. You can't even imagine going 175MPH, passing, and drafting. Words can't describe this experience...you have to do it...you will not be disappointed!!!

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I brought my wife kicking and screaming to a 10 lap drive at Talladega. After it was over I had to drag her kicking and screaming away because she wanted to drive some more. The staff was exceptional. We thought the others were crazy to buy so many laps, but as we found out, most were return drivers, as we will be, putting in more laps. I recommend a ten lap minimum, as you just start getting in your groove when they are up.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Dale Jarrett Racing Adventure definitely lives up to its billing! I took my brothers with me to Talledega not knowing what to expect. I only knew that I was going to get to drive a stock car. We arrived a little early and I realized immediately that it was more than that! It was an adventure. Everyone on Dale's team was so knowledgeable and professional and nice. Always available to answer your questions and talk to you. Then came the time to drive. Oh my God! What an experience. The most awesome thing I have ever done in my life. THE EXPERIENCE OF A LIFETIME!!!!! There are no words to describe the feeling you get from doing this. To use the words of my instructor "TEN FOOT TALL AND BULLETPROOF".