“Not as represented in online ad”

Super 8 Talladega AL
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Talladega
A Wyndham traveler
ADDISON
Reviewed October 10, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Hotel location close to racetrack we visited. Housekeeping staff wasn't very good ignoring basic needs. We didn't use a lot of hotels amenities.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I chose this location to spend 3 night while visiting talladega race week. We were pleasantly surprised! This is truly a great value. The property was very clean, staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and, breakfast was ok. Rate was little high but i know this is race time. We shared this information with our race friends who wants to stay in talladega, than super8 is right choice.Do not expect the latest decor or flat-screen televisions, but, we felt very comfortable in our room.free wi-fi! works very good We will most definitely use this property again

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I admit that I was not expecting much being that I am a local and we needed a place to stay for a couple of days, I had heard bad things about this hotel but decided to take the plunge. When I walked into the room, I was pleasantly surprised. The room itself was beautifully decorated and very comfortable. There was a few things that was disappointing. The fridge was extra tiny and the microwave was not in good working condition..it took 25 minutes to heat up a small frozen pizza and the alarm clock was broken, we ended up using our cell phones for an alarm clock. And I did not even bother with the breakfast, already knew it wasn't worth the walk. Although it sounds like a bad review and experience it really wasn't. It was not as bad as I had heard it was. Nice and comfortable room with EXCELLENT wifi. Very strong WiFi. Also was a little shocked at not having a coffee maker in the room.

Room Tip: Just make sure everything works in the room before you unpack and commit to it.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2012

For a hotel that is several miles from the interstate in a small town, the parking lot was packed. I had to create my own parking spot. The room itself had problems. The bedding was dated with cigarette burns in the blankets. The TV, microwave, and mini-fridge were all plugged into a nasty looking power strip that was dangling behind the dresser & didn't work. I had to do some reconfiguring to get the TV to work, but the microwave and fridge were too far from the electical outlet to plug in, so they were of no use (and we needed the fridge). The bathroom had not been cleaned properly. I checked out the mattress and it looked fairly new and seemed to be clean, but not very comfy. The free continential breakfast consisted of OJ, coffee, milk, dry cereal, and packaged Little Debbie Honey Buns. Bottom line...they need to lower their rates...this is a $40 a night hotel...tops.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I've spent several nights, over a 3 week period, at this hotel and it's not so bad. The rooms are clean, the location is great and the owners are very pleasant, everything you need is conveniently placed near the hotel. The only complaint would be the "discounted price", they can do better, especially if you're a regular. It really is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed July 7, 2009

I have stayed at this motel 8 of the last 9 July 4 weekends. It was brand new the first time, and this time it has been redone and is very close to brand new.

The rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast is minimal (but there is a McDonalds nearby).

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Talladega
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Talladega
Econo Lodge
#5 of 18 in Oxford
12 mi away
River Rest Bed and Breakfast - Birmingham

Been to Super 8 Talladega AL? Share your experiences!