“Very good Italian in a small southern town.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Giovanni's Italian

Giovanni's Italian
Ranked #1 of 44 Restaurants in Sylacauga
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Business meetings
Tallahassee, Florida
“Very good Italian in a small southern town.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

When you get your Caesar salad delivered to you on an ICE cold plate, it just sets the tone for the rest of the meal. You just know it is going to be good. Such was the case at Giovanni's. While in Sylacauga on a recent business trip, I visited this interestingly located (it is in a section of a former Ford dealership) restaurant. The Caesar salad was excellent and the lasagna I ordered was very good. Even the background music set the mood for an enjoyable meal. I would definitely eat there again on a return visit to the area.

• Visited July 2012

Sylacauga, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you like Italian...this is the place to eat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

Giovanni's has a buffet on Sundays, Mondays, & Tuesdays and All you can eat Baked Zitti & Spaghetti on Wednesdays! They also have an all you can eat on Thursday, but I've never been on Thursday. The owners are there most of the time and they are very gracious! This is a family business and children and grandchildren work there and all of them are so friendly. The food is excellent!

Visited April 2012
Birmingham, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

I enjoyed the the whole atmosphere of the place. The garlic bread was great with my meal. The server had a great attitude and was on top of everything when it came to refills for drinks or getting anything else we needed. I really enjoyed the cheese bread that came along with the deep dish pizza, because that was what my brother ordered. I enjoyed the whole time I was there.

• Visited April 2012
“SImply great italian food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

The marinara is some of the best I have ever had. Dipping the sliced bread into marinara could be a meal by itself for me. This is not a meal you expect to get in a small, central Alabama town but it is worth the drive. We had appetizers that were the weakest part of the meal. I would not recommend them, as they tasted like they were just fried out of a bag. Everything else tasted homemade. We ordered a small pizza with everything on it. Their supreme is truly EVERYTHING on it! If you like pizza with lots of toppings, you should try their supreme. For my tastes, it was a bit much. If I were ordering again, I would order a pepperoni and cheese. Now for the truly outstanding part....The chicken parm and lasagna!!!!! WOW is all I can say!!!! The chicken parm is the best I have ever had. The lasagna tasted like a little old italian woman was in the back making the noodles and cheese herself before they brought it out to us. This restaurant's strength is definitely the entrees! For desert we had cheesecake and italian creme cake. They were good, but not exceptional. My final recommendation...have a glass of wine, eat a ceasar salad, bread and order a side of marinara. Order the Chicken Parm and another glass of chianti and leave happy! :)

• Visited February 2012