“worst hotel ever!!!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Sylacauga
Detroit, Mi
“worst hotel ever!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2009

My daughter and stayed at this for 3 nights. I was the worst time ever!! We were visiting for a family reunion and while we were gone all day at the park housekeeping decided to steal our belongings. We returned to the room after spending all dall in a park in 98 degree weather to find out that the juices in the fridge were gone. I reported it and decided to take a shower only to find they took my shower cap. I pay a lot for my hair and I don't around when it comes to my hair. that pissed me off more than anything. Now mind you, they all know I have the room for 3 nights so it's not like I forgot something. Then get ready for bed, which by the is hard as hell, smells bad, I find out my deodorant is gone and earrings and my childs cookies. I guess they were too cheap to go to the Wal-Mart across the street and an affordable jewelry store. No my things did not cost a $1000 but they're mine. WE WILL NEVER RUTURN AND NEITHER WILL ANY OF MY FAMILY OR FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Tooty44

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Traveler
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2008

This may not be the best motel available in this town but I also don't think it's the worst.
At $55.99 (including tax) I guess this is priced about right.
After having read several bad reviews on the internet I must admit it is better than I was expecting.
The rooms are a decent size and at least they were clean (ish).
I wouldn't neccessarily recommend this property for 'all' types of travellers but, if you're just looking for a place with a 'reasonable' price to lay your weary head you could do worse.
The also do provide 'breakfast'. Not as slim of pickings as a 'continental' breakfast but not a whole lot to choose from here.
There is a Holiday Inn Express right across the street which is priced about twice as much but is also (probably) about twice as good. From what I can see on the internet there are also 3 other motels in town but I don't know anything about them at all.
For most types of travellers this motel will be just fine but I wouldn't go so far as to say I actually recommend it.

• Liked — It wasn't as bad as I was expecting
  • Disliked — The breakfast was a little sparse
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Riverview, MI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2008

This hotel was terrible! We were staying there for a Nascar race in Talladega and we were very disappointed. The rooms were very dirty as were the sheets on the beds. Luckly for us we brought our own sheets and pillows to sleep on. The air conditioner unit was kind of just hanging there. When we closed the door you could see through the crack all around the door! I would never stay here again!

• Liked — Nothing!!!!!!
  • Disliked — Everything! probably the dirty bed sheets
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank starkloud8

Travelers are raving about these Sylacauga hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sylacauga
Quality Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sylacauga
Key West Inn Childersburg
Key West Inn Childersburg
#2 of 2 in Childersburg

Been to Red Roof Inn Sylacauga? Share your experiences!