“Pretty good but needs improvement”
Review of Marble City Grill

Marble City Grill
Ranked #5 of 45 Restaurants in Sylacauga
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Great pub or sports bar atmosphere. Beer selection is the best. Wine selection needs improvement. No Sauvignon Blanc and when I asked for another dry white wine, the food server asked "White Zinfandel"? Maybe have a wine person train your waiters? She did find a Pinot Griggio which was OK. We ordered appetizers and the jalapeno poppers were great. I ordered the Mediterranean Tilapia, but the "goat cheese" turned out to be gobs of cold feta which is a type of goat cheese, but could you just warm it? It was served with small slices of raw cold tomato and raw onion. I was expecting a warm sauce of cooked chopped tomatoes and chopped onions with maybe a little feta and some Greek seasoning. Not what I was expecting. The fish was very good. But maybe I should have ordered the grilled tilapia. Our friends ordered Shrimp Scampi and said it was not seasoned...just a few shrimp in a bowl of soupy pasta. Others said ribeye had good flavor but was tough. "Steamed vegetables" ended up being broccoli steamed to perfection, but with a rich cheese sauce on top! I'm trying to lose a few pounds so I don't appreciate ordering steamed vegetables and getting a surprise cheese sauce. It was good, though. So, please cook your tomatoes and onions a little and call it like it is. We want you to stay open in Sylacauga!

There are newer reviews for Marble City Grill

Reviewed February 26, 2013

A good menu - something for everyone, including daily specials.There is even an option to dine outside on the covered patio. Food is uniformly good. Service is friendly and efficient. Consider taking a sweater - some of the tables can be quite drafty.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

When I moved to Sylacauga in 2011, this was THE place to dine. Sadly, service and food quality have been on the decline. With a wide variety of beer (bottle and tap), these guys don't have a list of their selections, nor do the staff seem to know what is available. Any time in the last year I've asked what was available, I was told to walk to the bar and pick something out. Steaks have been downsized, and the flavor has dropped. Shrimp scampi was served as a bowl full of unseasoned, melted butter with a handful of shrimp dropped into it. The Grill has great potential, but I have been driven to not return until an announcement has been made of a change of management or an entire remodel of the staff and service expectations. At this time I'd much rather waste two hours driving to Birmingham and back. You can misrepresent garbage as cuisine to area yokels, but this place no longer welcomes a refined palate.

2  Thank gjohnson20
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Marble City Grill is a real find in a small town like Sylacauga. The Chicken Salad was named one of the "100 dishes to eat in Alabama before you die" and is worthy of the listing, it never disappoints. However, sometimes you just need a Reuben and theirs will fill the bill nicely. Oh, and I can't stop until I mention the Maytag Blue cheese Potato Chips- that sauce and cheese crumbles will have you dreaming of a return trip. I have had a surly server in the past, but they seem to have gotten rid of her.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Pretty much everything on the menu is a good choice. The steaks can be a little hit or miss depending on the meat. The burger is the same every time as is the chicken salad plate. The wait staff has always been pleasant and engaging as well. Certainly someplace to consider.