“One night stay”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sylacauga
Reviewed June 3, 2014

My son got married in the area on May 27 just needed a nice place for one night was not disappointed it was a late check in but the young lady on duty was very gracious to us got us checked in quickly and we had a very nice clean and comfy room. Would stay again if in that area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank summertraveler62
Jayne M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Thank you for the positive comments. Every guest comment means so much to our Sylacauga Quality Inn Team. All comments are shared with our staff. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope for many more to come. Please let us know when you may need our services again.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed here the night before a mountain bike race. They must have remodeled because everything looked new. Staff was great and wish I could've stayed longer. It's a small town and I was so pleased that I like staying at Choice Hotels. :)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Robcoach
Jayne M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to give our Sylacauga Quality Inn a positive review. It is always a motivator to see this and then to share it with our Team!! We have done many things in improving the hotel. I am very pleased that you noticed the great changes that we have implemented. Sylacauga is a wonderful town with lots to see and more to do than one could imagine. Please come back anytime and stay longer next time!!

Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

I've been working in sylacauga for a month during the week and have stayed at the 3 hotels adjacent to 280 and gene Stewart, and the quality inn is the best. The managers Jayne and Jason are two of the nicest people I've met at any establishment during my time in sylacauga, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. My employer is paying for my lodging and gave me a choice of where to stay during my next week in sylacauga, and I chose this quality inn.

• Stayed: May 2014
Jayne M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

You are so kind to take the time to comment in such a positive way about our hotel!! Thank you very much for such wonderful comments!! We all love what we do and you have made our day just knowing that you recognize our efforts. We share all comments with our staff and this one will only inspire us to continue to improve.

We hope to see you again!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

We travel quite a bit , and always stay at the Quality Inn in Sylacauga, Alabama. The entire staff is so respectful and kind. They never try to hurry us, whether we are calling them on the phone to make the reservation, or arriving at peak check- in time.. They treat us like we are the only person they have to worry about. They give us their full attention, no matter how busy they are.
The last time I was there, my credit card company had a glitch, and the front desk clerk was kind, and assisted me in every way to allow me to use the house phone to call , gave me coffee and held my room for me while I sat on the couch and spoke to my credit card people.
Jane, the general manager, heard him handling the issue, and came out to see if she could help. And Sharon, the morning clerk, always has a wonderful breakfast ready by 5:30am!!
I cannot say enough great things about the Quality Inn at Sylacauga.. We can call them from anywhere, they know which preferences we have in rooms,, and even if we drive 600 miles and arrive late,, they welcome us like family! I really like the fact that I can use the computer in the lobby instead of having to unpack my laptop... I can get coffee,,,, have dinner,,and come back to the lobby and get all my work done.. If I want to use my laptop-- connectivity is never an issue, like with other places. We route all our friends trips so that they too can stay here..and we LOVE the end room downstairs that has the jacuzzi tub ... after a long day on the road,, it is wonderful.. and does not cost a dime more!!

Room Tip: we like the end room no - smoking downstairs that has the jacuzzi tub!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Jayne M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

What wonderful comments you made on your survey. WOW!! It is so nice to hear that you feel like you are home when you stay with us! We enjoy you as much as you have enjoyed us. It is always great to see you. We love hearing about your escapades and everything you have been up to.

Thank you for staying with us again and again. Your comments reflect that we are doing a good job meeting your needs. I know how busy you are and I appreciate you taking the time to comment on the Sylacauga Team!

Until we see you again.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

We spent several nights at this hotel due to the death of a family member. The manager is very personable, but I have to question the management of this hotel. We found an em
Endless supply of bugs in our room at night. That was bad enough, but each day as we went to the included breakfast, the maid staff was folding towels and linens in the breakfast area. Every table was consumed with laundry. On two of the days, our room had not had a sweeper run nor the bathroom sink cleaned. Just not a well managed hotel. Somebody needs to kick some butt!

Room Tip: You may want to avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Jayne M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Mr. Blair, our condolences to you for the loss of your loved one. Per our conversation at your check-out; I was unaware of a pest control problem in the rooms you occupied during your recent five night stay with us. We could have easily accommodated a request to re-locate you to other rooms. Our laundry room is under-sized for the volume of laundry processing. The small area becomes humid over the course of the day while the breakfast room is cool and a more comfortable environment to work in. This space should never be used during the posted breakfast hours or when guests occupy the breakfast room. The housekeeping issues you mentioned are easily corrected. I have addressed the issues you mentioned to that individual. It is helpful to know of any concerns you may have during your stay so that the concerns can be addressed. We are here to serve and to please our guests.

I am very proud of our Team. We have come a long way from our transition from a Jameson Inn to a Quality Inn. Also, our guest service rankings are above the brand benchmark and continue to improve.

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

I had a room with a King sized bed, and the room was very clean and well taken care of. The only problem was the bed was incredibly uncomfortable. Sleeping on the floor would've been just as comfortable. It also didn't help that I was 8 1/2 months pregnant.

Stayed: July 2013
Jayne M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

I appreciate your kind comments regarding the care we take in providing our guests with a clean, comfortable room. I was disappointed to hear that you did not sleep comfortably. We offer pillow top mattresses which are rotated every quarter to ensure even form. I can completely understand that you may be uncomfortable during your pregnancy. I will say that the best mattress we have is the one we have at home!! Thank you again and we hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I got stranded in Sylacauga during the January 2014 Winter Weather storm that crippled most of the state, halfway between my home and destination. I was one of the lucky ones who was able to get a hotel room in town... many others weren't unfortunately as these small towns aren't prepared for an incredible amount of sudden visitors.

I must say that the staff of this Quality Inn, especially Ashleigh at the front desk, handled the situation superbly. Under what I'm sure was incredible stress, she managed a long line of people hoping to get a room for the night. While I'm sure underneath, the staff were overwhelmed, they all maintained a smile and pleasant disposition as much as possible. To all those in line who were experiencing moments of panic in these circumstances, this was a welcoming way to invite us in.

The staff were even sure to let a family, who were currently stranded as well, but waiting for a ride from someone with a 4x4, take up shelter in the breakfast area so that the kids could stay warm while they waited.

The room itself is in good condition and actually has better amenities than I expected, but granted, I'm just happy to have a warm room and a bed for the night. Regardless of any of that, the stand-out part of my stay has been the purely hospitable staff, even when the going got rough.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Jayne M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Thank you very much for the kind comments regarding our staff and Ashleigh. I am very happy that you were able to find lodging during this rough time. Ashleigh, Henry, and Gloria volunteered to stay at the hotel so we could take care of you and many others. We are very fortunate to have such dedicated associates!

The fact that you took the time to go on-line means so much to all of us. I post all the comments our guests make about our service. We enjoy reading them and many have been quite motivational.

Thanks again for your wonderful comments. We hope you made it home safely.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sylacauga
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sylacauga
#3 of 3 in Sylacauga
Pursell Farms
Pursell Farms
#1 of 1 in Sylacauga

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!