“they always treat us like family!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sylacauga
“they always treat us like family!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

We travel quite a bit , and always stay at the Quality Inn in Sylacauga, Alabama. The entire staff is so respectful and kind. They never try to hurry us, whether we are calling them on the phone to make the reservation, or arriving at peak check- in time.. They treat us like we are the only person they have to worry about. They give us their full attention, no matter how busy they are.
The last time I was there, my credit card company had a glitch, and the front desk clerk was kind, and assisted me in every way to allow me to use the house phone to call , gave me coffee and held my room for me while I sat on the couch and spoke to my credit card people.
Jane, the general manager, heard him handling the issue, and came out to see if she could help. And Sharon, the morning clerk, always has a wonderful breakfast ready by 5:30am!!
I cannot say enough great things about the Quality Inn at Sylacauga.. We can call them from anywhere, they know which preferences we have in rooms,, and even if we drive 600 miles and arrive late,, they welcome us like family! I really like the fact that I can use the computer in the lobby instead of having to unpack my laptop... I can get coffee,,,, have dinner,,and come back to the lobby and get all my work done.. If I want to use my laptop-- connectivity is never an issue, like with other places. We route all our friends trips so that they too can stay here..and we LOVE the end room downstairs that has the jacuzzi tub ... after a long day on the road,, it is wonderful.. and does not cost a dime more!!

Room Tip: we like the end room no - smoking downstairs that has the jacuzzi tub!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jayne M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
What wonderful comments you made on your survey. WOW!! It is so nice to hear that you feel like you are home when you stay with us! We enjoy you as much as you have enjoyed us. It is always great to see you. We love hearing about your escapades and everything you have been up to.

Thank you for staying with us again and again. Your comments reflect that we are doing a good job meeting your needs. I know how busy you are and I appreciate you taking the time to comment on the Sylacauga Team!

Until we see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Greenville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

We spent several nights at this hotel due to the death of a family member. The manager is very personable, but I have to question the management of this hotel. We found an em
Endless supply of bugs in our room at night. That was bad enough, but each day as we went to the included breakfast, the maid staff was folding towels and linens in the breakfast area. Every table was consumed with laundry. On two of the days, our room had not had a sweeper run nor the bathroom sink cleaned. Just not a well managed hotel. Somebody needs to kick some butt!

Room Tip: You may want to avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Jayne M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Mr. Blair, our condolences to you for the loss of your loved one. Per our conversation at your check-out; I was unaware of a pest control problem in the rooms you occupied during your recent five night stay with us. We could have easily accommodated a request to re-locate you to other rooms. Our laundry room is under-sized for the volume of laundry processing. The small area becomes humid over the course of the day while the breakfast room is cool and a more comfortable environment to work in. This space should never be used during the posted breakfast hours or when guests occupy the breakfast room. The housekeeping issues you mentioned are easily corrected. I have addressed the issues you mentioned to that individual. It is helpful to know of any concerns you may have during your stay so that the concerns can be addressed. We are here to serve and to please our guests.

I am very proud of our Team. We have come a long way from our transition from a Jameson Inn to a Quality Inn. Also, our guest service rankings are above the brand benchmark and continue to improve.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

I had a room with a King sized bed, and the room was very clean and well taken care of. The only problem was the bed was incredibly uncomfortable. Sleeping on the floor would've been just as comfortable. It also didn't help that I was 8 1/2 months pregnant.

Stayed July 2013
Jayne M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
I appreciate your kind comments regarding the care we take in providing our guests with a clean, comfortable room. I was disappointed to hear that you did not sleep comfortably. We offer pillow top mattresses which are rotated every quarter to ensure even form. I can completely understand that you may be uncomfortable during your pregnancy. I will say that the best mattress we have is the one we have at home!! Thank you again and we hope you will stay with us again.
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

I got stranded in Sylacauga during the January 2014 Winter Weather storm that crippled most of the state, halfway between my home and destination. I was one of the lucky ones who was able to get a hotel room in town... many others weren't unfortunately as these small towns aren't prepared for an incredible amount of sudden visitors.

I must say that the staff of this Quality Inn, especially Ashleigh at the front desk, handled the situation superbly. Under what I'm sure was incredible stress, she managed a long line of people hoping to get a room for the night. While I'm sure underneath, the staff were overwhelmed, they all maintained a smile and pleasant disposition as much as possible. To all those in line who were experiencing moments of panic in these circumstances, this was a welcoming way to invite us in.

The staff were even sure to let a family, who were currently stranded as well, but waiting for a ride from someone with a 4x4, take up shelter in the breakfast area so that the kids could stay warm while they waited.

The room itself is in good condition and actually has better amenities than I expected, but granted, I'm just happy to have a warm room and a bed for the night. Regardless of any of that, the stand-out part of my stay has been the purely hospitable staff, even when the going got rough.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jayne M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you very much for the kind comments regarding our staff and Ashleigh. I am very happy that you were able to find lodging during this rough time. Ashleigh, Henry, and Gloria volunteered to stay at the hotel so we could take care of you and many others. We are very fortunate to have such dedicated associates!

The fact that you took the time to go on-line means so much to all of us. I post all the comments our guests make about our service. We enjoy reading them and many have been quite motivational.

Thanks again for your wonderful comments. We hope you made it home safely.
Sylacauga, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

Just checked out with great service from Jessica, after another wonderful stay. Great job as always guys - and keep up the good work. Hope your "always working" Manager really enjoys her much deserved vacation this week.

William H.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jayne M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to wirte such a fantastic review. Jessica will be proud to be mentioned! She is doing a great job....soo glad you noticed!! I did enjoy my vacation.....I returned just in time to help during the January Alabama Snow Blizzard. Ashleigh and Henry are doing a great job assisting with taking care of many guests who have been stranded in the cold due to the weather conditions.

I hope you are not traveling much during this time.....very dangerous! Again, thank you.....your comments mean a lot to us!
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

I can't believe that they have the audacity to refer to this establishment as a hotel. It was a motel, and a filthy one, at that. Check-in took an inordinate amount of time for no good reason I could discern. I did not unpack, use the bathroom, or sleep for that matter. The room smelled horribly musty. My towels and rags appeared dingy and one towel even had a huge stain on it. You could hear any and everything from the rooms next to you. Down to a sneeze. There was fast food littered in front of my door, people yelling and screaming outside...it was just a mess. Do not let the entrance fool you..it appears decent, I assure you, it's not. The wait staff in the breakfast area lacked any sense of the words 'customer satisfaction." Wifi was extremely slow and kept going in and out.The iron in my room was broken, which is unfortunate for a business traveler. Staff didn't seem to care about or try to do anything to help matters when I informed them of my trouble. I am extremely disappointed in this place and will never stay here again. Frankly, I’d rather camp

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank courtney402
Jayne M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete this review. I am very disappointed as well. This is not indicative of the service we provide at our Sylacauga Quality Inn. I acknowledge all of the points that you made regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I will resolve those concerns immediately.

My deepest concern is the lack of customer care you received as one our guest. I am grateful that you took the time to let me know as I was not aware of the events of your recent stay. I have some questions for you. Please contact the hotel so that we can discuss this further. I would like the opportunity to make things right for you. Please contact the hotel (256.245.4141). Identify yourself as Courtney 402 and you will be provided with my cell phone number. If you prefer to email our email address is sylacauga.al@cphosp.com. I do not have your contact information and I would like to connect with you.

I hope to hear from you soon.
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

I first stayed at this Hotel back in the Summer of 2013. It's been a few months since I've been back to Sylacauga on Business. I was really nice to find this Hotel has gotten better since my last stay. The staff here is really nice! Wish I could move this Hotel and staff to my next location. Will stay here when in the area every time. Will be a Choice Hotels Gold Property soon!

Room Tip: Staff is very helpful with location needs.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the nice review. I sure do appreciate you taking the time to let us know what you think. I'm very happy that you deceded to come back to see us.

You are absolutely right; we have made lots of positive changes since last summer. To name a few; we have installed new carpets, new bedding, new ergonomic chairs, new flat screen televisions, new shower heads, and the exterior buildings have been painted. We expect to see more upgrades in 2014 so you will have to come check them out.

We look forward to seeing you soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sylacauga
Days Inn Childersburg
#2 of 6 in Alexander City
Super 8 Talladega AL
Super 8 Talladega AL
#2 of 3 in Talladega

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!