“Clean room, but hard bed!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sylacauga
“Clean room, but hard bed!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

I had a room with a King sized bed, and the room was very clean and well taken care of. The only problem was the bed was incredibly uncomfortable. Sleeping on the floor would've been just as comfortable. It also didn't help that I was 8 1/2 months pregnant.

Stayed July 2013
Jayne M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
I appreciate your kind comments regarding the care we take in providing our guests with a clean, comfortable room. I was disappointed to hear that you did not sleep comfortably. We offer pillow top mattresses which are rotated every quarter to ensure even form. I can completely understand that you may be uncomfortable during your pregnancy. I will say that the best mattress we have is the one we have at home!! Thank you again and we hope you will stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

I got stranded in Sylacauga during the January 2014 Winter Weather storm that crippled most of the state, halfway between my home and destination. I was one of the lucky ones who was able to get a hotel room in town... many others weren't unfortunately as these small towns aren't prepared for an incredible amount of sudden visitors.

I must say that the staff of this Quality Inn, especially Ashleigh at the front desk, handled the situation superbly. Under what I'm sure was incredible stress, she managed a long line of people hoping to get a room for the night. While I'm sure underneath, the staff were overwhelmed, they all maintained a smile and pleasant disposition as much as possible. To all those in line who were experiencing moments of panic in these circumstances, this was a welcoming way to invite us in.

The staff were even sure to let a family, who were currently stranded as well, but waiting for a ride from someone with a 4x4, take up shelter in the breakfast area so that the kids could stay warm while they waited.

The room itself is in good condition and actually has better amenities than I expected, but granted, I'm just happy to have a warm room and a bed for the night. Regardless of any of that, the stand-out part of my stay has been the purely hospitable staff, even when the going got rough.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Jayne M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you very much for the kind comments regarding our staff and Ashleigh. I am very happy that you were able to find lodging during this rough time. Ashleigh, Henry, and Gloria volunteered to stay at the hotel so we could take care of you and many others. We are very fortunate to have such dedicated associates!

The fact that you took the time to go on-line means so much to all of us. I post all the comments our guests make about our service. We enjoy reading them and many have been quite motivational.

Thanks again for your wonderful comments. We hope you made it home safely.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

Just checked out with great service from Jessica, after another wonderful stay. Great job as always guys - and keep up the good work. Hope your "always working" Manager really enjoys her much deserved vacation this week.

William H.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Jayne M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to wirte such a fantastic review. Jessica will be proud to be mentioned! She is doing a great job....soo glad you noticed!! I did enjoy my vacation.....I returned just in time to help during the January Alabama Snow Blizzard. Ashleigh and Henry are doing a great job assisting with taking care of many guests who have been stranded in the cold due to the weather conditions.

I hope you are not traveling much during this time.....very dangerous! Again, thank you.....your comments mean a lot to us!
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

I can't believe that they have the audacity to refer to this establishment as a hotel. It was a motel, and a filthy one, at that. Check-in took an inordinate amount of time for no good reason I could discern. I did not unpack, use the bathroom, or sleep for that matter. The room smelled horribly musty. My towels and rags appeared dingy and one towel even had a huge stain on it. You could hear any and everything from the rooms next to you. Down to a sneeze. There was fast food littered in front of my door, people yelling and screaming outside...it was just a mess. Do not let the entrance fool you..it appears decent, I assure you, it's not. The wait staff in the breakfast area lacked any sense of the words 'customer satisfaction." Wifi was extremely slow and kept going in and out.The iron in my room was broken, which is unfortunate for a business traveler. Staff didn't seem to care about or try to do anything to help matters when I informed them of my trouble. I am extremely disappointed in this place and will never stay here again. Frankly, I’d rather camp

1 Thank courtney402
Jayne M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete this review. I am very disappointed as well. This is not indicative of the service we provide at our Sylacauga Quality Inn. I acknowledge all of the points that you made regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I will resolve those concerns immediately.

My deepest concern is the lack of customer care you received as one our guest. I am grateful that you took the time to let me know as I was not aware of the events of your recent stay. I have some questions for you. Please contact the hotel so that we can discuss this further. I would like the opportunity to make things right for you. Please contact the hotel (256.245.4141). Identify yourself as Courtney 402 and you will be provided with my cell phone number. If you prefer to email our email address is sylacauga.al@cphosp.com. I do not have your contact information and I would like to connect with you.

I hope to hear from you soon.
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

I first stayed at this Hotel back in the Summer of 2013. It's been a few months since I've been back to Sylacauga on Business. I was really nice to find this Hotel has gotten better since my last stay. The staff here is really nice! Wish I could move this Hotel and staff to my next location. Will stay here when in the area every time. Will be a Choice Hotels Gold Property soon!

Room Tip: Staff is very helpful with location needs.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the nice review. I sure do appreciate you taking the time to let us know what you think. I'm very happy that you deceded to come back to see us.

You are absolutely right; we have made lots of positive changes since last summer. To name a few; we have installed new carpets, new bedding, new ergonomic chairs, new flat screen televisions, new shower heads, and the exterior buildings have been painted. We expect to see more upgrades in 2014 so you will have to come check them out.

We look forward to seeing you soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

My husband and I pastor a church in Sylacauga so as you can imagine we have visiting evangelist, ministers, etc. throughout the year. We have been using Quality Inn for a year now and I have to say the customer service is always excellent. We have not had any complaints from our guests and most have commented about how nice it is. I would highly recommend staying at the Quality Inn if you are in Sylacauga.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Jayne M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Ms. Lisa,

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment about our Sylacauga Quality Inn. We strive to be the best hosts we can be for your guests! Your kind comments are very much appreciated.

I am happy to tell you, we have made some great improvments and upgrades to the hotel. We have installed new carpets, painted the exterior buildings, new bedding, new ergonomic desk chair, new flat screen television, and we have a microwave and refrigerator in every room. Also, we have GREAT internet....really FAST!!

Please let me know when we can be of service to you again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Dropped a business associate of mine that had flown into town off at the Quality Inn. He did not have his "Choice" card with him and did not remember the number. Ashleigh took the time to look his number up in the file that had not been used in some time.

The thing that stood out was the friendly, courteous service that he noticed that she gave at the front desk. Warm friendly smile and a nice welcome to Sylacauga.

He said that he would definitely want to stay at this location the next trip to town because of the warm service, not a cold "what do you want" type attitude that is given at many locations.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Jayne M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Henry,

It is with great pride that I respond to this! Thank you very much for taking time to comment on the exceptional service you received from Ashleigh. Even though she has been working with us for a short time; she has absolutely amazed us. She is everything you mentioned plus more!

We try our best to instill in our staff that we want to "WOW" our guests each time we are in contact with them. Anyone can be an "Order Taker" and that is not the preception we want at our Sylacauga Quality Inn.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. You may have noticed we have had many upgrades in 2013 and more to come in 2014. We have new bedding, new carpets, new ergonomic chairs, new flat screen televisions, new shower heads, and the exterior buildings have been painted! We also offer the Choice Priviledges Rewards Program for all of our guests. This program is very beneficial and is a value each time you stay at a Choice Branded hotel.

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sylacauga
Days Inn Childersburg
#1 of 6 in Alexander City
Super 8 Talladega AL
Super 8 Talladega AL
#2 of 3 in Talladega

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!