“The best so far!”

Owensboro, Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“The best so far!”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Alligator Alley is great!!!!! They are super friendly there. It was my husband, myself, and our 5 yr old daughter...we all had fun! They guy and girl who put on the show are great, really funny. You get to look @ alligators in viewing areas smaller ones, walk paths , then of course feeding time is the big deal!!! you have to go then! I think its 11, 1, and 4:00. After the feeding you can walk the swamp on this boardwalk thing and see them in more of there habitat. Its a pretty big place, i should have wore tennis shoes since there is quite a bit of walking. They gave us a ride back to the office on the razor/golf cart it was soooOOO hott that day! Also one of the viewing areas you can hold a "baby" alligator! Its a very well laid out place, great great great staff, and best off all you all enjoy it! For the under $50 activities you can do down there this is #1!

Visited July 2011
3 Thank kymomma05

mississippi
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Had tons of fun!”
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Our boys, 6, 3, and 2 months loved going here..at least the older ones did! Be sure to go during feeding time, which is 11, 1, and 4. The guides put on a good show. We would defintely go back!

Visited June 2011
2 Thank susieqmississippi
Federal Way, Washington
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fun place - great way to see alligators up close”
Reviewed July 3, 2011

I had wanted to see alligators up close for years, and this was just the place. They have all sizes, from hatchlings to full grown. You get to throw them chunks of "alligator chow" and be sure to watch a feeding by the staff. Fascinating to see them surrounded by 20 or more alligators. Definitely enjoyed it. Good for families with children and teenagers.

Visited June 2011
2 Thank RoadRunner980
Westlake, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wes Moore's snarky sense of humor makes this place a must-visit”
Reviewed February 23, 2011

My boyfriend and I drove to Mobile, Alabama, from Cleveland, Ohio, last July so I could volunteer during the oil spill. Ultimately, I never got that opportunity, so that left lots of time to visit various tourist attractions. Alligator Alley was our first stop, and I can't tell you how glad I am that it was. Wes set the tone for the rest of the trip. He puts on a great (read: funny and educational) show, but it doesn't end when he runs out of meat for the alligators. Walking the property afterward, he frequently chit-chats with patrons, making sure they enjoyed themselves. He even invited my boyfriend and me to watch him wrangle an alligator out of one pen and into another once the park closed.
I can't say enough about this place or Wes, but rather than drone on and on, I'll just refer you to my "Alligator Alley" posts on seasideskinny.com.

Visited July 2010
2 Thank SeasideSkinny
Texas
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“AWESOME, NATURAL, PERSONAL!”
Reviewed June 15, 2010

This is a MUST SEE for your visit to Alabama. My family went and were treated to what was almost a personal tour with the owner. Interaction with the alligators and staff is not like some theme park...it is the real thing! Make sure you get there for the feeding time to see real action! And go ahead, buy the alligator food! It is worth the few bucks to see your kids smile when an alligator eats THEIR food! I even left the souvenir cups in the bathroom and they had them when we returned the next day...even if "someone" thought I was being a "wuss" for sending my wife in to get the cups, it was an awesome place! MUST SEE ATTRACTION!!!
PS: It is NOT in your GPS! Look at their website - it has a map - go ahead, you can use their map. Your GPS will not think you're cheating on it!

4 Thank texashotelguy