“Not the place for take-out”
Review of Stix Restaurant

Stix Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 54 Restaurants in Spanish Fort
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2017

I ordered rather expensive sweet and sour chicken take-out, thinking this is a decent restaurant so it's worth the price when you want comfort food. I was so wrong. The chicken and vegetables look like they had set in the fridge for a few days, not freshly cooked. No sauce at all, so the chicken was very dry. Overall, very disappointing, especially considering the price and the restaurant's reputation.

Reviewed August 9, 2017

Stopped in for lunch and found the setting and service to be pleasant and attentive but the food was Just Average, not bad / not great.

Reviewed August 8, 2017

1st off, the appetizers of Bang Bang Chicken was SPOT ON! That has tremendous flavor! Ordered it with the Appetizer. The others I let hubby eat. He was hungry and said they were so-so. Bang Bang Chicken was a hit!
He ordered the Sweet and Sour Chicken, I order the Fried Rice with Chicken and Wonton soup.
His was very good. I sampled it and really enjoyed it. Hubby devoured it. I plopped some of my Fried Rice on his plate and it sat there.
Neither of us liked it. It was over done. The rice was yuck.
Then I checked the WonTon soup. BLEH! That was the most watered down soup I have had in 30 years. TWO wontons, 2 shrimps and whatever that was for $6.50 is terrible! It was basically water with that above. Tasteless. For 2 people, that was the most terrible thing on the menu!

In the end, the Bang Bang Chicken was the best thing on the menu but only offered as an appetizer. Next time, Bang Bang Chicken and ZERO wonton soup!.
We dumped out the food we brought home into the garbage. :(

Reviewed June 28, 2017

Ordered 3 Sushi (Nigiri) portions and a Szechuan tofu and vegetable plate. Was very well cooked, tasty and filling.

Reviewed May 7, 2017 via mobile

I've never eating at the Hibachi Grill side, mostly at the bar and an occasional booth. Sushi is very good, with great presentation. Full bar, but with limited bourbon selection. Great Ketle One dirty martinis! Nice atmosphere, but don't be surprised by what people are wearing, as you'll see business people in suits next to the family of five in shorts and sandals......

Been to Stix Restaurant? Share your experiences!