“JUST AVERAGE”

Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2017

Stopped in for lunch and found the setting and service to be pleasant and attentive but the food was Just Average, not bad / not great.

Reviewed August 8, 2017

1st off, the appetizers of Bang Bang Chicken was SPOT ON! That has tremendous flavor! Ordered it with the Appetizer. The others I let hubby eat. He was hungry and said they were so-so. Bang Bang Chicken was a hit!
He ordered the Sweet and Sour Chicken, I order the Fried Rice with Chicken and Wonton soup.
His was very good. I sampled it and really enjoyed it. Hubby devoured it. I plopped some of my Fried Rice on his plate and it sat there.
Neither of us liked it. It was over done. The rice was yuck.
Then I checked the WonTon soup. BLEH! That was the most watered down soup I have had in 30 years. TWO wontons, 2 shrimps and whatever that was for $6.50 is terrible! It was basically water with that above. Tasteless. For 2 people, that was the most terrible thing on the menu!

In the end, the Bang Bang Chicken was the best thing on the menu but only offered as an appetizer. Next time, Bang Bang Chicken and ZERO wonton soup!.
We dumped out the food we brought home into the garbage. :(

Reviewed June 28, 2017

Ordered 3 Sushi (Nigiri) portions and a Szechuan tofu and vegetable plate. Was very well cooked, tasty and filling.

Reviewed May 7, 2017 via mobile

I've never eating at the Hibachi Grill side, mostly at the bar and an occasional booth. Sushi is very good, with great presentation. Full bar, but with limited bourbon selection. Great Ketle One dirty martinis! Nice atmosphere, but don't be surprised by what people are wearing, as you'll see business people in suits next to the family of five in shorts and sandals......

Reviewed March 29, 2017

Went with my daugher and her husband to Stixx in Spanish Fort last weekend for some quick sushi. The restaurant was packed, but we were seated quickly. Let me start by saying the staff at Stixx is very nice helpful, friendly and I had no complaint.

The food, however, is awful.

Firstly, it's not sushi. When you deep fry various rolls and cover sushi with fried crumbles a la the crumbles at Captain D's, it's not sushi.

This is "Hey, let's Americanize (and worse Southernize) sushi!"

Just awful.

My daughter ordered some roll wrapped in cucumber and it looked ok. She said it was ok and she ate it. She ordered the volcano roll and it was a roll covered in Captain D's crumbles. I tried a piece. Supposedly it was spicy tuny, crab and avocado. Who knew? All I tasted was crumbles.

I ordered the Volcano Roll and the Hurricane Roll on recommendation of the server. Both were southern friend rolls so heavy in grease and completely without flavor as to make me ill. I literally couldn't eat it.

My son in law ordered the red dragon roll. It was tasteless.

I wanted to order sashimi to salvage the meal but they have a very limited sashimi menu of tuna, salmon, white fish, yellowtail and white tuna. No octopus, no mackerel, no roe, nothing exotic.

Seriously? Why do people eat at Stixx? I can only chalk it up to people in Spanish Fort have no idea what real sushi tastes like.

It's not grease, crumbles and mayo, folks.

Been to Stix Restaurant? Share your experiences!