“Unpretentious little spot with great food”
Review of Ed's Seafood Shed

Ed's Seafood Shed
Ranked #3 of 54 Restaurants in Spanish Fort
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Seafood done right!
Perfect battered fried shrimp and oysters..delicious creamy sweet coleslaw, and awesome crab claws. This place knows how to cook!

1  Thank MikeinAustin

Reviewed January 6, 2014

My first visit to Ed's was during the Christmas holiday season and was prompted by my physician who is native to Mobile. I've been to all of the other seafood restaurants along the causeway over the years, and now I can't believe I'd been overlooking Ed's.

The Doc was right. This is the best seafood available in the area! My dining guest had the whole broiled flounder (the fish of the day) with rice pilaf. I was expecting a small flounder, but this one was probably a two-pounder and barely fit onto the platter along with the rice pilaf. I had a bowl (not cup) of seafood gumbo to start, which the waiter warned me about because of its size. Since I was really hungry, I wanted the bowl. It was huge (a meal in itself), and so good that I managed to finish it without any problem while leaving just enough room for the fried oyster platter. The oysters were exceptionally fresh and sweet to the taste!

The service was great even though there was a large crowd on a cold and rainy night a few days after Christmas. I can't wait to return on my next trip to the Mobile area.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Eds Shed is a good place to eat, a little touristy & pricey but besides that they have it together.
I found out they have Mullet Mondays so I had to check it out, Mullet is very hard to find in restaurants anymore, yrs ago everyplace had it on the coast, they don't know what they are missing. what a neat idea they bring out a bowl of slaw to eat while you wait for dinner. as usual the mullet and Yuenglings were just right, they have a fantastic view of the Mobile Bay with glass windows all around and a out side deck for dining.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Driving around the Gulf area today and needed a place to eat lunch. GPS's are great for finding places to eat. Today we stopped at Ed's Seafood Shed, a good place to eat. We were taken back by the prices, but the lunch menu is reasonable and the portions generous. Catherine was our waitress and she did a very nice job of taking care of us. I had the oyster sandwich and I had as many oysters on my sandwich as the others had on their platters. The coleslaw is excellent. Don't miss out on the crab bisque, very good. Would certainly return to this restaurant.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Went to Ed's on a cold, windy day in December. Sat on porch which had clear curtains and heaters to keep you warm and toasty. Situated on the Causeway overlooking the bay just east of Mobile. Started with Bloody Mary's and an order of Fried Okra. The Fried Okra is to die for. Served hot and fresh! My friend had Grilled Shrimp and I had Fried Fish. Both were delicious. Service was quick and cordial. There are some great restaurants on the Causeway, and this one is a winner.