“Food was not up to par, service very slow”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #17 of 54 Restaurants in Spanish Fort
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have eaten at this location several times and in the past the food and service have been excellent. Today the food was no up to par and the service very slow. The restaurant was not crowded at all, maybe 1/3 full and they appeared to have enough staff working. I hope this is not a trend.

1  Thank Tommy G

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We visited for lunch on a weekday and choose the soup, salad, breadstick option. Our breadsticks were cold, the salad was average, and the soup took 20 minutes to arrive after we had finished the salad. We were considering leaving our money and walking out because we were unable to get our server's or anyone's attention. When we finally received our soup it was only average.

1  Thank LizyKate
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I hadn't been to any Olive Garden in over 2 years since I had been to this location, so I thought I'd give it another try on a Monday night.

The Good - A beautiful building with wonderful landscaping, plantings and trees that are well-maintained. I was seated at a window as I requested and my server offered me a free 1 oz wine tasting; of course they hope you will order a glass or bottle. I asked if the sausage was sweet/mild or hot/spicy and the server wasn't sure how to answer, so I asked if she would ask the chef for a small taste, and she agreed. The chef sent out much more than a small taste and I decided to order it.

The Miscommunication - I ordered the $9.99 Never Ending Pasta Bowl, picked my pasta and sauce and added protein for an additional $2.99. What I thought I had asked for was a $2.99 order of half sausage + half grilled chicken (not the fried chicken fritta). What I was given and only realized when I received the bill, was $2.99 of chicken + $2.09 of sausage. I thought there was a lot of protein, but I didn't realize I was paying extra for it instead of some of each for $2.99. More upselling? If that's what the server heard me say, that's not typical and I wish she would have made sure by asking if that's what I wanted and I would have corrected her. I didn't say anything when I was given my bill but learned my lesson to be more clear if I ask for something unique.

The Bad - The parking lot was full of trash, cigarette butts, and the rolled up foil wrappers from the chocolate mints they give you with your bill - it was disgusting what slobs people can be. An employee should sweep the parking lot clean every morning before they open and check it again after the lunch rush. There is a smell inside of the filthy carpet that's had lots of dirty shoes walk on it, food/beverage spilled on it and the heat/humidity of the area - get rid of the carpet. The tile looks old and dated but the decor and furniture was nice. The server had way too much perfume on. I just don't like their salad with white lettuce, stringy onion, a few carrots and black olives, croutons and the no-taste dressing poured on that gets everything soggy real fast. They have served this salad for years and years - update it. The breadsticks are dry and they've been serving them as long as the salad - update this, too! The gal behind me asked for butter with her breadsticks and a competing chain Italian restaurant I ate at while vacationing not long ago served olive oil and herbs to dip their crusty bread into that was much better.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Great atmosphere. Great food. Great location in Malbis mall parking lot. Clean. Great service. Chicken & Gnocchi soup is awesome. Salad & breadsticks are unlimited. My boys love the peach tea. Great selection on their menu.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Everything in this OG was by far better run, cleaner and fresher tasting food. Servers were more friendly and acted as if they were glad to be working there. Good experience and what customer service is supposed to be.

Been to Olive Garden? Share your experiences!