“Never thought I'd admit this…” 3 of 5 bubbles

Olive Garden
Ranked #19 of 54 Restaurants in Spanish Fort
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Foley, Alabama, USA
“Never thought I'd admit this…”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

…but I can't say I hate Olive Garden any longer. Say what you will about chains, but the menu, service and food quality is much better than I was expecting. I can't think offhand of a good local authentic Italian place nearby, so this wins by default. I also enjoy the fact that there's plenty more food than stuff covered in red sauce for a finicky stomach like mine.

I'm sure there's better, more authentic Italian somewhere nearby, but this is good enough for me to not seek anything else out.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Southfield, Michigan
“Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

The service is decent, but the food it a bit on the bland and generic side for me. I do appreciate that the menu offers some lighter and heart-healty options

Visited January 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Definitely one of my favorite restaurants!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

Every time my family and I have celebrations, family dinners, or are just occasionally going out to eat, I consistently recommend Olive Garden. There's something so homely and wonderful about it, and I feel so exclusive when I eat there. First of all, the service is great! The waitresses/waiters and hostesses/hosts are fast, kind, always smiling, and completely reliable. They are always very knowledgable about the items on the menu, and are willing to share their opinion. The food, though, is a totally different topic. It's amazing! There's no other word for it: it's utterly amazing. The salad is the perfect size for any regular group of people, and includes such a nice variety of ingredients. The breadsticks are just to die for. They don't fill you up too much, but they aren't extremely light, either - a happy medium.
Their soup, I have to admit, does not have good quality. It's either almost solely broth, or barely any broth. There's not a middle there. It's not enough to bring down a star, though.
The rest of their lunches and dinners (pasta, seafood, etc.) is excellent, to say the least! The food is addictive and pleasurable to the taste.

• Visited December 2012