“Airboat Adventure”

Airboat Express - Tours
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Fun and educational, thrilling and informative - we all loved it!! We saw alligators, crabs, lots of birds in the midst of the beautiful delta.

All reviews
"boat ride"
"interesting facts"
"worth the trip"

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We had to fight the weather a bit to schedule our trip. It was well worth the wait. the nature we saw was pretty cool and our Captain and guide knew his stuff. We learned all about the delta and met an old pal named Popeye. Big 13 foot gator who came right up to the boat to visit and gave us a good viewing of himself. We saw him a several other gators and birds and scenery with the delta. When then as we were heading out stopped by Popeye one more time where he swam out to greet us. He said he was probably a pet at one time. He was 50 to 55 years old. Really cool worth the trip. The boat is loud of course its an airboat! :D We ate at the original oyster restaurant after it was even better than Jim said it was. The ride starts behind the restaurant.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We've done this tour three times and it will definitely continue to be on our itinerary when we have visitors. A very easy and relaxing way to see a bit of our delta flora and fauna prior to a great meal at the Original Oyster House! All three times we have chosen the one-hour sunset tour and have seen lots of alligators (young and old), osprey and one time a nest of osprey babies, moorhens, Cahaba lilies, pickerelweed, arrowhead, duck potato, lily pad fields covered with lotus blossoms, cypress trees, and egrets. On our last trip, 55-year-old Popeye made a visit to our boat and we were actually able to touch him before he swam off. Geoff and Brittany are easy to work with and very knowledgeable about the delta. One one trip we took a friend who is in a wheelchair and it was no problem at all. I highly recommend this tour. Worth every penny.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I live in Mobile and had several family members from the UK visit me for a week. I was looking for something adventurous do with them while they were in town and man did I hit the jackpot! Geoff is an amazing host. He gave great directions over the phone detailing the whole trip. He was extremely friendly on the phone and during the tour. I've lived in Mobile for 13 years and saw another side of the area that I didn't even know existed. Saw a couple of gators too! Learned a ton and laughed a lot. The whole experience was awesome. i'm the man now to my family back in London thanks to Geoff and the crew. Thanks guys and we will definitely be back!

See more reviews
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Where can you see gators, gorgeous flowers, amazing view of Mobile, and get an incredible boat ride all at the same time?! You get it all here! I took the 1 Hour Eco Tour and it was way more than I expected! There was only 2 of us, and they were very helpful in grouping us with another party. (4 person minimum) Brittany was very friendly and offered to take our picture while at the dock and on the boat. Geoff was our guide, very knowledgable and friendly. They both seem to love their job and care about the quality of our experience. They are super passionate about the information and wildlife! Both of them are very knowledgable about the eco system and the wildlife on the tour. We saw a lot of alligators!! In the wild, I really didn't expect to see as many as we did.
I rode an airboat in the Everglades in South Florida, along with 20 other people! Paid like $75 for a 45 minute tour. Never Again!! We were herded like cattle! Airboat Express personalizes each tour, so we didn't feel like "just another tour". It's not just a ride, it is a very educational and entertaining tour. AND I paid HALF the price and got a LONGER tour, but also 10 times the tour as what I got in the glades.

I would highly recommend this to ANYONE!!! We will be back!

1  Thank Blondie120308