“A fun local dive”

Blue Gill Restaurant Incorporated
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Gill Restaurant Incorporated is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 54 Restaurants in Spanish Fort
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Fairhope, Alabama
“A fun local dive”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Skip the chains. This is a great local dive for live music and tasty seafood, with beautiful views of the Delta.

Visited September 2013

Molino, Florida
“Casual atmosphere - Great char-grilled oysters!”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Really neat place. Outstanding service. Yummy grilled oysters. Combo shrimp/oyster po boy was fried to perfection. Fried pickles were excellent but onion rings were too greasy. Gumbo gets 4 stars only because a little too much of something-maybe file'? All in all a great Saturday afternoon meal. Will be back!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank MLPS315
Freeport, Florida
“Quirky Seafood Restaurant with Southern Charm and Hospitality”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

A very "fish camp" atmosphere that reminded me of my youth in the wilds of Florida. I almost expected to see my grandfather having a cold beer after a day on the river. I had the special of the day--Southern fried chicken. Outstanding. And I ate a lot of Southern fried chicken when I was a kid. My husband had the Crabby Patty (in honor of my name and disposition)--crab cakes. He opined that the dish was very tasty. We sat in the "Elvis" booth which was decorated in honor of the King who visited in 1959. Large outdoor area on the water. Very rustic. Friendly and efficient staff. We will definitely go back. You could tell this place is a favorite with locals--everybody knew one another. We had no problem with immediate seating. The prices were very reasonable.

• Visited July 2014
Athens, Alabama
“Impressive”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I was taken aback when we were seated across from a table that was a tribute to Elvis Presley who apparently spent a lot of time here. We ate here on a Sunday afternoon when there was a smaller crowd. We didn't have to wait for a table and were seated immediately. Our food was wonderful. The only complaint I had is that there was an area outside where many tourists were eating as well. I noticed several people were out there smoking . Its fine by me if you want to smoke but there were others out there with small children who I am sure did not appreciate the second hand smoke Our view was delightful and our waiter was absolutely charming.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank AliceCAthens
United States
“Nice location, good food and locals”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Food is just a little above average, not excellent,but worth a return. Located on the Causewsy of Mobile Bay between Mobile and Spanish Fort, it is an easy stop for travelers. Service is good, and seafood is good, but not the best I've had, just ok. I would go back again, so that is a plus.

• Visited May 2014