“Good”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Zip: , AL 36527Phone:251 621 8988Seafood
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I've lived in Mobile my entire life. Maybe I have really high standards for seafood. I visited here with out of town family. They loved it! I personally have had better seafood, but that's not to say this wasn't good. Spacious interior with good viewsof the Bay. Our waitress could have been better (not as friendly or as knowledgeable as most).

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Our server, Robin, went out of her way to accommodate us. We were there near closing time, so the place was quiet. I liked the atmosphere, but it might not have been great when the restaurant is busy. I ordered grilled mahi mahi, which was delicious. Still, the healthy options were extremely limited. I have a hard time understanding why causeway restaurants can't have a mix of fattening fried southern specialties and normal people foods. Is that too much to ask? Perhaps.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I took a friend to eat at Tacky Jack's on June 20, and both of us were somewhat disappointed in the dining experience. The atmosphere is great and tables are spaced enough to allow for a private conversation without feeling eavesdropped.

However, our food was only so-so....not really bad, but not really great either. I had a blackened fish sandwich, and my date had the fried oysters and a salad. It looked good and was presented well, just was lacking something in flavor. (I'm fairly picky about my seafood.)

Our waitress disappeared on us for a while, and we had to hail another one to bring us some water, and the restaurant was not busy or crowded at all.

Parking is excellent, probably so even on a crowded night. We were dressed casually, and fit right in.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Tacky Jack's is a casual seafood place just east of Mobile on the causeway. The food is good, and the portion she is perfect for lunch and for dinner. They offer fried, blacked and steamed options, making it a place where everyone can find something they like. The crab claws appetizer is good, and the Steamed Shrimp lunch is perfect for those who like to eat a little lighter, if you have kids with you, request an outside table (if you can stand the gulf coast heat) or a window table.

1  Thank Kelly M
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is a good local seafood restaurant east of Mobile with good prices and nice portions. Well worth the trip.