“Surprised that a restaurant in a store could be this good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 54 Restaurants in Spanish Fort
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Gainesville
“Surprised that a restaurant in a store could be this good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I work in this area a lot and usually stay at the close-by Courtyard hotel but had never considered eating here. Finally I gave it a try and was nicely surprised. Keep in mind that I ate at the bar. I had one of their salads with a toping of a generous piece of salmon with clam strips as an appetizer. The salad and salmon were great. The clam strips were crispier than I prefer but were still good. On my next trip I had their fried tilapia fish tacos and they were both plentiful and excellent. Their home made bread pudding was outstanding and made from their own loaves of fresh bread. My biggest compliment goes to Jan who was very friendly and helpful in suggesting an entree. The aquarium was very relaxing and gave me something to occupy my time since I was alone. I will definitely go back.

• Visited September 2012

Auburn, Alabama
“Better chances elsewhere”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

I wish we had moved on to another location to eat after shopping at the Bass Pro Shop. We stayed and tried the resturant as we were too tired from looking around the store to drive. Bad choice. The waitress forgot our bread the fried fish they are supposedly so well known for was left in the grease too long, the catfish fillets were tiny, and there was barely a handful of fries on each plate. If you look up at the walls you can see a thick layer of dust and its on all of the decorations hung from the ceiling too.
This place had too much of a 'corporate' feel to it for my tastes and a lack-luster of concern or care when it came to delivering on the food. I will not be choosing to eat here ever again.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank bethoc
Mobile
“Definitely a keeper!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

Great Sunday afternoon experience. Good food for the money, overall. We sat at the bar, and there was only one bartender. She seemed overworked, and she.definitely needed another set of hands behind the bar. The selection of bar drinks and.brands was great, but the Bloody Mary that I ordered could have been so much better. And the chowder was good, but tasted as if it had come from a can. I will eat there again, though, and suggest it.to others.

Mountaintop PA
“Unexpected Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

As a business associate and i were nearing the end of our trip we decided to check out the Bass Pro Shop before going out to Dinner. We were both a little tired and decided to give the Islamorada Fish Company a try since it was located right inside the store. Our expectations were not very high but it was convienient. We were very pleased with the atmosphere (there is a huge fish tank in the middle of the restaurant and the walls are decorated with all sorts of great fishing trophies and photos) My Fish and Chips were fantastic and reminded me of places from back home in New England. This was very unexpected and would highly recommend to anyone looking for some really good seafood.

• Visited July 2012
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“very good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

Stopped by here for dinner after browsing Bass Pro Shop in Spanish Fort. Our waiter seemed kind of "scatter brained", but was nice enough. I got the half order of shrimp pasta and that was MORE than enough. i would hate to see what the whole looked like. My husband ordered some crawfish etoufee over catfish and was pleased with the selection. Very plentiful. My husband ordered a margarita- very tasty. I ordered a peach mixed drink (cannot remember the name), and wasn't too fond of it. Tasted like all alcohol, very strong, but i gulped it down rather quickly. The aquarium in the restaurant was very impressive. Overall, would recommend.

• Visited April 2012