“terrible experience” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #17 of 54 Restaurants in Spanish Fort
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: One of several Alabama locations.
Louisville, Kentucky
“terrible experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

The service was terrible. It took about 15 minutes for someone to come take our drink and food order at the same time. It then took about a half hour for the food to arrive and when it did only half the food was there. We had to wait for the other half to be cooked and come out as the waitress had forgot to put it in. The food was good but I won't return because of the terrible service.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Kenner, Louisiana
“Great Service and Food :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were a party of 2 adults and 5 children on our way to Destin for our yearly summer vacation. The price is reasonable, $55 for all of us not including the tip. Our server was a young man, but he was very polite and good at his job. Any mistakes in our order were corrected immediately and he made sure we had everything we needed. There was a young lady helping him wait on our table and she was very nice too. I recommend this location to anyone and plan on stopping in on our next road trip. :)

• Visited July 2013
Daphne, Alabama
“The smallest eggs I've ever seen & didn't get what I wanted”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I live nearby and after having a service person to the house on Saturday I decided to go out for an 11am breakfast, only the second time I've been inside this Cracker Barrel. I was hungry and instead of reading over the large menu, I told the server what I wanted - 2 eggs, bacon, crispy hashbrowns (not the hashbrown casserole) and pancakes. I think she was new and didn't know the menu very well, so she offered to go ask someone. She suggested one breakfast and then an add on that would have cost about $12. I asked if I could have a specific breakfast and substitute the grits and biscuits, gravy, butter and jam for 2 pancakes - NO.

What happened to giving the customer what they want even if it's not on the menu? I know another chain sit down restaurant nearby that does breakfast and they offer choices that include pancakes, but I wasn't there. The eggs were so small I didn't know that size existed, but I didn't ask my server what size they were since I didn't want to cause more problems. The gravy was congealed on top but I didn't want it anyway. I've only lived in the south for about 3 years and are not used to grits, but I ate these, unsure if they were good, average or bad. So I had looked forward to this treat but left the extremely busy and loud restaurant unsatisfied.

Visited June 2013
Galveston Island, Texas
“Family breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Since we tend to get very poor service at Cracker Barrel, this was above average service. We had a family group meeting before a funeral with 3 children in the group but the breakfast met our needs. Still not a Cracker Barrel fan but this is a great location right off the interstate.

Visited May 2013
Foley, Alabama, USA
“It's a Cracker Barrel. What else would you expect?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

This location appears to be about as consistent as the one in Foley, but in a much more accessible location on I-10. So it can be slammed during peak times. Outside of those harried and frustrating hours, it's actually not a bad place to relax and enjoy some OK country cooking.

• Visited January 2013