“We Always Enjoy California Dreaming”

California Dreaming Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #9 of 54 Restaurants in Spanish Fort
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Voted “Best All Around Restaurant” at Taste of the Eastern Shore and “Best Place to Eat” by Baldwin County Now. Enjoy giant-sized fare from the California Dreaming kitchen like “fall-off-the-bone” baby back ribs, slow-cooked Prime Rib and the California Dreaming Salad, all prepared fresh daily. The lively setting is complete with an expansive patio overlooking the fountains at Eastern Shore Centre. The restaurant also features happy hour; late night bar bites; live music; large party carry-out, catering and accessibility for groups.
Fairhope, Alabama
“We Always Enjoy California Dreaming”
Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

We've dined many times at California Dreaming - usually my in-laws along with my wife and myself. We've never been disappointed. My favorite is the California Dreaming salad. My mother-in-law often gets the prime rib sandwich. My father-in-law gets the rib platter or prime rib. My wife usually goes for a salad with chicken or quesadillas. We've had other dishes as well. The portions are always very large and the food quite tasty. We really enjoy the croissants with honey on top that accompany the entrees.

Service is always top notch. The place has a very nice chic atmosphere with large tables and booths that offer plenty of space, comfortable seating, and a degree of privacy. The lighting is low. That all combines to offer a good place for a date or special dinner. It can get cold in this restaurant, so wear long sleeves or bring a sweater or jacket if you tend to get cold more often than other people.

If you want to go somewhere where you can be sure the food, service and atmosphere will not disappoint then this makes a great choice.

Daphne, AL
“Nice”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We enjoy coming here and love the shrimp salad! We try to sit outside when weather permits! Nice to stroll the store fronts afterward.

Visited October 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and service!”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

The food at California Dreaming is magnificent. I order the Dreaming Chicken Sandwich every time, and I'm never disappointed. It's always hot, fresh, and ready to go! The atmosphere is nice, too. The interior design makes it feel slightly romantic and expensive, but I believe that the food is priced very accordingly in regards to popularity and quality. Don't even get me started on the desserts - do you know the one with the melted Hershey's bar on top of a brownie, with a scoop of ice cream? That one is my all-time favorite, and one of the best restaurant desserts I've ever had. I think it's creative, delicious, and - of course - very rich!
The service isn't the best I've ever had, but that's not going to stop me from giving this place 5 stars. The waiters/waitresses are always very courteous, stop appropriately to ask you if you need anything, and the hosts/hostesses are very welcoming as well. I love it!

• Visited November 2012
“AWESOME!!!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I frequent this place as often as i can, the croissants are amazing. A little known fact is that if you bring your ticket stub in from the Premier movie theater, you get a free appetizer (up to 7 or 8 bucks i think)

Visited October 2012
Spanish Fort, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quesadillas”
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

I went there today, I ordered the southwest chicken quesadilla. October 23,2012
I thought it tasted horrible and later I got sick.
Everything else I have had there has been good. So I was very disappointed.

CA_Centraarchy, Public Relations Manager at California Dreaming Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Hello, we're very concerned you're not feeling well. Please contact Scott Davis, Operating Partner, at 251.626.9942 or cdspftop@bellsouth.net. Thank you.