Fairfield Inn & Suites Mobile Daphne/Eastern Shore
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Spanish Fort
Reviewed May 24, 2012

This is a good hotel in a convenent though somewhat awkward to reach location (it is on a side road off another side road). The hotel itself was very good and a good value for the price with a pleasant, helpful, and competent staff and well kept rooms and common areas. There are few if any restaurants really close to the hotel but several nice places in Fairhope to the south and toward Mobile to the west are fairly close and easy to find. There is a gigantic Bass Pro Shop near the hotel if you happen to need any outdoor supplies on you trip.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Previously when working in Mobile I stayed next door at the Courtyard which was nice. While the Fairfield wasn't as upscale I appreciated the complimentary breakfast and the division between the sitting area and the bed area. There was a fridge and microwave in the room. The exercise room had 2 treadmills and an eliptical and all seemed to work however the A/C was not working in the room on the day I used it. There is a pool and a business area. I would go back to this hotel without hesitation. FYI there is a Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World nearby.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We arrived early to an awkward greeting by the staff person who said she was the manager on duty. She smiled but wasn't genuinely nice. We actually got the impression she was asking us to leave the lobby because rooms were not available yet. We did request an early check-in during the reservation.

The view of the hill is awful. They should plant flowers or something. The room was cute and the rest of the staff very friendly. They should also put a drop off curb so you can smoothly roll your luggage out to the parking lot and not have to roll it off a curb.

The area where the hotel is located is very convenient. The breakfast is continental style, although you can make your own waffles. Nice variety for breakfast. Indoor pool is nice. You can also get city brochures on site.

What we absolutely did not like is the fact you have to go down to the front desk to get extra face cloths, even though we requested extras on the reservation. It appears they don't read the preferences. Also, during check-in, they ask the reason for your stay, which was already answered on the reservation. This is a very personal question that we feel is better not asked, especially not in front of other guests. It's an invasion of your privacy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view otherwise you get an awfully placed hill
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank BabyLyle
Reviewed April 22, 2012

The last stint of our honeymoon was 2 days in the Mobile Bay area- VERY pleased with this hotel! Check-in was a breeze, very friendly girl named Kimberly helped us. She was so pleasant! We got our room on the 3rd floor- VERY clean, even smelled clean- very cozy king size bed, large bathroom, large flat screen TV, desk for our laptop. We enjoyed the indoor pool and jacuzzi both nights, very plentiful breakfast with waffles, bagels, muffins, biscuits, etc each morning, The only thing that bothered me- the doors closed very loudly and echoed down the entire hallway. Which wasn't too too bad since at night most people are already asleep. The clerk Kimberly, the cleanliness, the pool, the room, everything was amazing. HIGHLY recommend!!! You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We started out our week long vacation here and boy, am I glad we found this little gem!!! Everyone is so NICE here, the room is clean and comfortable and the staff is friendly and accomodating.....we will definately keep this on our list of hotels as we travel a lot.

Room Tip: ask for a upper floor room, we did have a lot of noise from our neighbors above. It sounded like t...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Where,, you might ask, is Daphne, Alabama? My wife and I have driven numerous times from East Texas to Melbourne, Florida. The center of the drive (the perfect place to stop for the night) is Mobile. Through the years, instead of staying in Mobile, we chose to travel about 10 minutes eastward on I-10 to Daphne. Our stays have always been at at the Comfort Inn and Suites. But, after a few years, it started getting quite pricey, so we decided to try somewhere else. I'm an over-70 fella, which gives me the RIGHT to be an ornery, sceptical, glass-half-empty kind of guy who's pretty much set in my ways. But, being that my much-younger wife is quite the opposite, and I ALWAYS want to keep in her good graces, I acquiesced. So, for our April 4, 2012 stay, we chose the recently-built Fairfield Inn & Suites, across the street. What a phenomenal surprise! Where to start?!? The checkin was flawless, getting to the room took us by a small, but inviting, enclosed pool complete with spa (looked like hot tub), a well-appointed workout room, a laundry....and that was just down one very clean and wonderfully-scented corridor. Once we opened the room's door, we were greeted by LIGHTS and air conditioning! Now, that may not seem like something to say whoppee about, but, ya know, it immediately makes you feel at home (competitors might want to take heed). The room was excellent........very clean and modern, and smelled great. Bed was wonderful, bathroom modern and clean. And now the clincher: IT WAS PRICED ABOUT $30/NIGHT LESS THAN THE COMFORT INN! Sorry, didn't mean to scream at you............but getting all that at a $30/night savings is, in my book, phenomenal! How about breakfast? GREAT! First.......very, very clean. The room was like a comfortable family living room. The food choices went from a variety of cereals, fruits, muffins, bagles, breads, waffles (my wife's favorite), yogurts, hard boiled eggs, etc (I know I may be missing a few items, but that's all my muddled mind can remember). As one of the assistants was re-loading the refrigerated section, I commented on the selection, and she was very polite, had a wonderful smile, and offered whatever help she could. I felt as if we were in some kind of feel-good movie! Upon checkout, we asked to speak to the Manager, who, of course, expected to be chewed out because of this or that, which is normally the case when one asks to speak to the Manager. My wife and I couldn't compliment her enough on the quality of the hotel and our highly-enjoyable stay. I think she was pleased. My suggestion..........if you're planning a stay in Mobile, drive the extra 10 minutes to the Fairfiled Inn and Suites in Daphne. You'll be writing the next review!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank RoyandPenny
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I travel a lot for work. I like to find a hotel in the area's I have to stay with things to do at night so I'm not just sitting in a hotel room. This one is right next to a Bass Pro store, several local seafood restaurants, a mall with BestBuy, Panera, etc. This hotel has an okay gym area, an indoor pool and a hot tub. The hot tub has been more like a jetted luke-warm pool the several time's I've stayed here. However, everything else is great. New, nice rooms, quiet location. I've been here probably 8 or more nights just this year. Also, hotel staff is excellent.

Room Tip: None of the rooms have a view, so don't worry about location for that.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Spanish Fort
Courtyard Mobile Daphne/Eastern Shore
The Admiral Hotel Mobile, Curio Collection by Hilton
Hampton Inn & Suites Mobile/Downtown
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Saraland/North Mobile
Hampton Inn Mobile-East Bay/Daphne
Homewood Suites by Hilton Mobile-East Bay-Daphne

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Mobile Daphne/Eastern Shore? Share your experiences!