“Nicer than other average Daysinn!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Shorter

Days Inn Shorter
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Shorter
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Nicer than other average Daysinn!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

I came here for the game day in auburn an this was the nearest place from the stadium. It is nicer than the one I once lived before. Well built rooms. The motel staff is very friendly. Good speed wifi. Of course I was looking for that. The location is quiet. Nice outdoor pool. I know I am coming back and will stay here only(if they are left with rooms at that time lol.)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Laurel Md.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I would never stay there again. First issue I was so tired did not check the bed before I got in, they never changed the sheets from the former guest. When I got up at 6:am I looked at the bed because I never moved through the night. You could see the marks on the sheets where someone had slept. you can tell if the sheets were slept on. At breakfast that morning the orange juice was so watered down you could just about see through it. I know that times are hard for all of us but I at least expect what I paid for. I paid $63.13 for one night. Also the wifi was not working.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Josmith6668
Ayr, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

Stopped here for the night as I was exhausted and driving further was not an option. Paid $50 ish cash plus tax for the room. I was offered smoking or non smoking and opted for the latter,but the room smelt smoky. The truck stop across the road was noisy, but I was so tired that I slept anyway. The only good point is the free wifi. Which as a foreign traveller meant that I could text and call home without incurring extortionate roaming fees.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here,ask for a room as far away from the truck stop as possible. The trucks are...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

The hotel smell was awful.. Like an ash tray! Its next to a truck stop so its loud throughout the night..the airconditioner kept shuting off. Luckly it only one night.. Never going back! War Eagle!!

• Stayed April 2012
Loxley, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

We decided to stay here because of location near Casino/dog track. The casino is now closed. The motel was nice enough though and they do allow pets. Nothing on this exit though except a truck stop and gas station. I didn't feel safe walking to my car by myself. We were given a wheelchair accessible room that we did not request. Therefore we had not bathroom privacy because there was a large open door area.

Room Tip: I would not stay on the side facing the truck stop. Very busy and you can hear the trucks at night...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

Discount for truck drivers, friendly personnel, clean and comfy. Also - great food at next door restaurant. What you want more? Yeah location.. but well - If you - like me - driving truck and don't want to stay another night in your sleeper - you'll like it.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
pensacola, fl
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

This hotel did not feel safe. It is located between a truck stop and a dogtrack. We stayed after a football game as all rooms in Auburn were taken. As we left Auburn, people warned us not to go to Shorter but we had already booked the room and could not get refunded. Check-in was fast but there were security cameras outside the lobby. When we went into our room, a strange car pulled up right outside and sat there for about 5 minutes before finally leaving. That is when I noticed the sign on the door that said "Caution! We are concerned with you safety and security." We were tired and went to sleep but were awaken many times by people outside our room and trucks going in and out of the truck stop. There was 2 inches of stadning water in the shower and when leaving in the morning, there was also a strange note on our car to call someone from the dogtrack if we knew where Ray was???

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank brandtdj
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shorter
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Montgomery
#37 of 71 in Montgomery
The Alabama Hotel
The Alabama Hotel
#39 of 71 in Montgomery

Been to Days Inn Shorter? Share your experiences!