“Going Downhill”

Radisson Hotel Sheffield
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sheffield
“Going Downhill”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Stayed here before but this place is going downhill. Front desk manager was very rude and hotel needs a lot of work. The jacuzzi was out of order along with the elevator and ice machine in my section. It was raining and buckets and caution signs were out to catch and warn people of water leaks in roof. Pay a little more and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Joel B
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Sheffield, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
We sincerely apologize for the problems you experienced during your recent visit at our hotel. Your review is very important since it gives us the opportunity to make necessary repairs. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience to you. Thank you for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Show Low, Arizona
Reviewed March 18, 2014

At this hotel they have a large parking lot plenty of room to park a trailer. We haul a 32 foot 5th wheel for our job and depending on the days for the job we need to park at the hotel for a day or two. For what we do this is important. The Jameson is nice it is older and needs to be updated things like flooring in the lobby and rooms. They are clean just worn. The business center computer during our stay was unable to be used due to a virus that had not been fixed. However the wifi worked well I only learned of the business center as I needed to print some things.
The ice machines on the third floor both broken. So had to go down to 1st floor for the ice. No microwave or refrigerators in rooms. No flat screen tv, Channel choices do not include the Food network or syfi just noting. The staff very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is very tasty. We enjoyed our stay and would stay here again. Overall we are pleased with the Jameson Inn

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Sheffield, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for your review of Jameson in Sheffield AL. Renovations and upgrades are ongoing, It is our goal to make this one of the nicest hotels in the area.
We appreciate your comments and truly appreciate your business. Please plan to visit again soon.
Spring Hill, Tennessee
Reviewed February 15, 2014

This is a mixed review of the site. I stayed a couple of nights ago at the Jameson in Sheffield. I got my reservation via Priceline and did not know that this location had changed franchises until I got about a 1/2 mile away. Had I known earlier I might have eaten the cost and stayed somewhere else. I've stayed here in the past at it was a dirty, smelly, poorly run hotel. But it was late and I pulled in having an early morning appointment. I walked into the lobby and the STRONG, OVERWHELMING power of cigarette smoke greeted me. As a non-smoker it was overpowering. The bar is right next to the entrance. They need, need need to do something about that. Someway to divert that for the first impression is nasty to a non-smoker. BUT from that point on I had a different experience. The worker at the front desk greeted me warmly and with energy. She was helpful and knowledgable. I did have to go through a small (30 feet) hallway to my room that was very poorly lit and in one place had a bucket sitting out collecting the water from a roof leak BUT other than that everything about the stay was improved. The room felt clean and the smell of smoke was not in the room. The TV was old and small but it was OK. I had a good night of sleep. I did notice when I left the hotel at 5:50 the next morning there were only 2 cars in the whole lot - it's a HUGE hotel - they have a long way to go to reclaim their reputation BUT even thought it is somewhat dated they are headed in a much better direction.

Room Tip: try to ignore the smell when you go into the lobby.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Dale J
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Sheffield, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to have you visit us again and see that we are making changes and upgrades. As for the smoke problem, Singing River Bar & Grill (our lounge) is totally smoke free. I can only guess that there were customers from the lounge smoking outside the door and that was the smell that followed you into the lobby area. We will review the smoking area to see how to eliminate the problem. Thank you for your comments so we know of the experience.
Please come back to see how we continue to improve this facility.
Florence, Alabama
Reviewed December 7, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed here just to get away and have some alone time. We absolutely loved it here! We had read more negative reviews than positive so we weren't sure what to expect. We walked in and everyone was super friendly! Our room was very clean and in order. We stayed in 116. Our only complaints were the curtains will not close all the way. It was a solid brown curtain, a very easily see-through white curtain, then another brown. So if anyone was outside our room, they could easily see what was going on inside. The door from our room that lead to the parking lot had slight damage. The bathroom was quite small but other than that, our experience was wonderful! Definitely coming back!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Sheffield, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Jameson for your recent get away, I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit. The manager has been advised about the curtain issue and corrections have been made, I apologize if this was an inconvenience to you.
We appreciate your business and look forward to having you visit again.
Kingsport, Tennessee
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Not a bad hotel or room but it need lots of work, room has spider webs in corners and lamps, popcorn ceiling is peeling off, made a phone call to have someone check the power button in the TV and has been ignored.
Do NOT come here and expect to have hot coffee or orange Juice, is not going to happen, the receptionist is the same caterer.
If on a budget this might be an alternative place to stay but rather stay at the Hampton for an extra $15

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AlexJGarcia
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Sheffield, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
I am so sorry that you were not satisfied with the accommodations at the Jameson Inn & Suites. I will forward your comments to the manager so corrections can be made. I apologize for any inconvenience to you.
We appreciate you business and wish you safe travels in the future.
Guest Relations Manager

Travelers are raving about these Sheffield hotels

Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed November 15, 2013

When we arrived at the hotel there was nobody at the desk as the clerk was out smoking in his car and had to run inside to check us in. Our king room was okay, however the hotel seemed to be basically empty other than us and some folks I believe are staying there to work on the renovations. I had asked for a room with a view and was told we had a courtyard room, however it had a view of the wall next to the pool. The second and third floors are closed for the winter as well as the indoor portion of the pool, and the restaurant. I also noted that the outdoor pool is also woefully insufficient for a hotel this size at approx. 25'x25'.

The supposed secured doors which require a room key were never secured at any time during our stay. We stayed in Room 135 and the biggest problem that we had was that the heating/AC unit has only settings for either high or automatic heat/fan/AC which was very noisy and cut on and off about every 5 minutes regardless of which setting was selected, so we had a very difficult time sleeping. While we were scheduled to stay another night, we checked out the next day and moved on to our hotel in Nashville.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Sheffield, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
I am so sorry that you were not pleased with your visit to the Jamison Hotel in Sheffield AL. Your comments and concerns have been discussed with the manager and corrections will be made immediately. Our owners and management are fairly new and renovation plans have taken much longer than expected. When the upgrades are complete, it will be a great hotel.
Your review is very important to us since it gives us some idea of how you view and experience your facility and services. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience to you.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us.
Daphne, Alabama
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I recently had my wedding reception at the Jameson Inn Hotel and Confrence Center. The ball room was in great condition and the staff very friendly and helpfull. They accomadated us very well. I also stayed the night and the room was AWSOME!!!! Very comortable bed, clean room and bathroom (which was a plus in my books) worth the money you pay for the room. LOVED the breakfast esspecialy the biscuts n gravy (yum). Is under renovation which is ok by me. On the down side my room didnt have a fridge or microwave and the room could use a new up to date TV. Looking forward to staying here again. Keep up the good work and cant wait to see the renovations made...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Sheffield, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you so much for this review. Everyday since we became a Jameson, we see more improvements and upgrades. The finished product will be a true asset to the community.
We appreciate your business and good wishes on your married life.
Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sheffield
Hampton Inn & Suites Florence-Downtown
Key West Inn Tuscumbia
Key West Inn Tuscumbia
#5 of 5 in Tuscumbia
Marriott Shoals Hotel & Spa

Been to Radisson Hotel Sheffield? Share your experiences!