“Good tasty food”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Judging by the numbers of people dining this is a well liked restaurant. The service was first class and the steal meals were well cooked and presented. This is not a cheap place to eat but the food is well worth paying that little bit extra for.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

The steaks at George's are great, as is the service. Everything else is just OK. My salad was boring--iceburg lettuce and one small piece of tomato--and the mixed veggies I got instead of the potato were mushy. That said, it's the best "fine dining" option in the area, so don't fail to make reservations.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

If you want a great steak in the Shoals you go to George's. Or so I'm told. I'm not a eater of beef (or pork for that matter). What I do know if if you want a really good meal or a special evening out, you go to George's. We decided to meet up there on a Saturday evening which also happened to coincide with a local prom, a local college graduation and Mother's Day weekend. The place was packed with long dresses and young tuxes but the hostess still managed to find a space for us in the bar room (lucky for us, it was our preference). Both of my companions chose to go the steak route with filets. Both seemed to fully enjoy the experience. I chose the blackened red snapper with the greek salad. Oh yes! Lovely meal! The servers couldn't have been more pleasant or helpful.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Went to this restaurant with a local supplier that my team and I were working with in Muscle Shoals. It was highly recommended by the locals. All the steaks are cooked over a hickory hardwood fire.
The food was great overall. I had the "George's Special Ribeye" which was very tasty, juicy, and cooked medium as ordered.
Unfortunately, the Prime Rib that 4 of the party ordered was not tender and was disappointing. However the staff apologized and made up for the disappointment very professionally with desserts and after dinner drinks for those who wanted one. Definitely a good restaurant.

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Party of 6 arrived a few minutes early for reservation at 7. They had over booked reservations. We were not seated until over 30 minutes past our scheduled time. The manager said that the "party in your table have been finished but are not ready to leave." I found this comment/reason very annoying. Even then, the table we were given was in a tight corner. (Gerorge's has always had a tight space issue.) After being seated, no server readily arrived. It was several minutes before she arrived to take our drink/appetizer orders. The drinks/appetizer service was adequate. She promptly took the food order. The wait for the food was too long. However, the food orders were very accurate and very good.
Everything was off-center tonight. Over all, irritating and disappointed.