Selma Hotel
$65
$55
$62
$55
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 1, 2010

I was traveling from Texas to Georgia alone, to visit my parents. It was getting late and my parents did not want me to drive through but to stay in Selma over night. I seen about four hotels and The Ramada Inn was the only one that looked decent from the outside, the lobby looked decent as well. The room was another thing. It was tacky and dirty, but I was too tired to try and find another hotel. Well, it got worse, all night long there were rough people coming and going in loud beat up cars, yelling at each other in the parking lot. I could hear the couple in the room next to me going at it all night, loud TV. The hotel says it has a security guard, but I'm not quite sure if his duties had anything to do with security. I was worried that someone would break into my car. I could not sleep for all the noise and wondering if I was safe there by myself. A couple of weeks later I received my bank statement to find out that the dishonest management charged me for two nights instead of one. I am still in the process of forcing them to refund me. They keep making of excuses for keeping my money, said I checked out late, but who would check out late in that sort of hotel, you would want to get the hell out as soon as possible. I'm use to staying in better hotels, but for someone who normally stays in Ramada Inn's would find this hotel completely disgusting.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank wafaringstranger
Reviewed October 25, 2009

Checked into a musty, dusty room for two nights. We put our suitcases up on the table that the TV was on because, frankly, the floor was nasty. We laid the towels down on the floor from the shower to the bed after we showered so that we could walk on them. In the morning, we had to peel our bags off of the table. It had been stained or varnished, and was still wet! The bags were stained, as was the bottom of my wife's purse (Prada, no less). The manager was contacted and, after much back and forth, our night's stay was comped. Let's see....a $50 freebie versus my wife staining her $1200 bag.....Needless to say, we would sleep in the car before spending another night at the Selma Ramada.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Teachersensei
Reviewed March 16, 2009

We were a group of 40 people traveling on a civil rights pilgrimage throughout the south. In advance, we booked and paid for a block of 18 rooms. When we arrived, we were informed that there were only 10 rooms available. The management claimed that the "credit card" from hotels.com was declined. As a result, some members of our group were forced to sleep on our bus or on sofas in the lobby of the hotel.

Our experience with this establishment was terrible. It ranged from dishonesty at the front desk, poorly maintained facilities, and the necessity of arguing that all members of the group (some of whom slept on the floor of the available rooms) were entitled to breakfast.

In sum, I would characterize our experience with this place as a complete disaster.

• Stayed: March 2009
1  Thank DMS51
Reviewed September 14, 2008

i stayed at the ramada inn, for my family reunion
nothing at the hotel went right ,
not enough towels ,no coffee cups, room smelt bad, and muskie, on top of that we had thugs breaking into our vehicles.
no management was on hand to offer any kind of assistance,for any problem, the breakfast buffet sucked cold runny scrambled eggs ,i paid good money to have a terrible time at the ramada inn in selma alalbama, the hotel didnt even offer to refund our money, think again before staying there, you will be glad you did ,

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank chicagofireangel
Reviewed September 11, 2008

Me and my two sisters was traveling and book one room for one night. for three to a room. The room rate included breakfast each morning , We also discovered this was for the frist two people in the room, My sister had to pay for her breakfast. That is not right. I paid for three to a room. I will never stay at this Ramada Inn again.Your car will get broken into not a good place to stay.I want be back!

Stayed: September 2008