“Bad expierence.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Selma
Atlanta, Georgia
“Bad expierence.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I go to Selma Al every year to the annual Bridge Crossing which is symbolic for the Selma to Montgomery March. Last year I made a reservation with the Comfort Inn, who gave my room away. So, this year I decided on America's Best Value Inn. The Internet gave a real positive image of the Hotel which could n't have been further from the truth. The first thing upon arrival and giving the manager my printed reservation confirmation, I was asked by her where did I get this from...can you believe that?? [I made my original reservation on Nov. 30, 2012. On the 27th of Feb. 2013, I received a "we will be looking forward to your arrival email". The room was book for 3/5/2013.] After going back-n-forth to check with the "real manager" about the situation, she gave me a room. Unfortunately, there was someone in the room. To make a long story short, the room had faulty plumbing that ran from the shower to the sink under the carpet forcing me to put towels on the floor. I had to settle for a "smoking room instead of non-smoking".The bed was excellent, it was as though it was misplaced.This particular episode has made me cancel another reservation I have with them in Paducah, Ky this August.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
      Location
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank ARR R

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Selma, AL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Friends travelling with their two dogs stayed here. It was a decent experience. Budget-type hotel, clean, older, and allowed dogs. The only problem was the nasty smell from the paper plant--not completely the hotel's fault. But if we ever use it again will bring a room deodorizer.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank OldTownie
Houston, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed there August 4th. The internet pictures are deceiving! Don't stay there, at least until they renovate from the ground up. Pay the extra money and stay else where. The only reason I didn't cancel is because I booked multiple rooms and I had bypassed the cancellation time. I was not giving them my money. The 1st floor had an odor that is indescribable. We stayed on the second floor. I looked in 6 rooms before I found something suitable. Thank goodness our stay was for 1 night. There were bleach and other containers under the stairs. There were mattresses outside doors around the hotel including mine on the second floor. The pool water was green (signs of algae). The parking lot smelled of urine. The microwave had small bugs in it. The refrigerator ...I used my cooler.

Room Tip: Don't stay.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2007

We stayed there April 5-9, 2007. The room we stayed in had a full size stove and refrigerator. Upon our arrival, the kitchen was FILTHY. We went to Walmart and bought cleaning supplies. Boy oh Boy, we sanitized that place. The complimentary breakfast was horribly. We asked for butter for our waffles,the clerk (better known as owner of the property) returned with a used container of butter filled with YUKY YUKY stuff!!!!!

• Liked — close to my relatives
  • Disliked — the room was not clean--sanitized
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank shalittie
Guru P, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn Selma, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay here. We changed the hotel from Best Western to Americas Best Value Inn in 2008 and have made numerous upgrades and changes. We hope you will visit us if you are ever in the area again.

Management