“Bed Bugs” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Selma
Selma
“Bed Bugs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2009

I was not aware of the bite until two days after checking out. The bites were on both hands, both arms, both legs, on my back, right and left side of my abdomen,right side of neckand the right side of my cheek. I made an appointment with my dermatologist, she ask me had I been to a hotel lately. My reply was Thanksgining the Comfort Inn Selma, AL room 216 is where the biting came from. I was told this has not been report and their was not a problem.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tweetie2020

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2009

I stayed at the Comfort Inn on business in early March. I almost hate to write this review because the staff themselves seemed very nice, but this hotel has some issues. It's conveniently located, and the $64 per night price was not bad. The room itself was not bad, either, just, maybe, slightly aging. Everything appeared clean. However, on the second night I woke to find about four bedbugs in my bed. I was disgusted. When I called to the lobby for assistance, no one answered. I put on my robe to go down to the lobby only to find the indoor entrance locked, so I had to go outside. I rang the doorbell from out there and no one responded. Finally, I went back to my room and called the main desk from my cell phone and reached someone. The attendant was extremely apologetic and said he'd do whatever he could to accommodate me. I also suspect this attendant works an incredibly long day and is permitted to sleep while on duty at night, perhaps explaining my difficulty in reaching anyone. At any rate, I didn't want another room, so I asked for a discount on my bill and slept the rest of the night in my car. The common areas could use a little sprucing and the breakfast area was not as well kept as it could be. However, the staff seemed very nice (a family?) and seemed appropriately concerned and motivated about addressing the bedbug issue. They said the room would be quarantined so they could investigate. I also had problems with the Wifi, which slowed me down (I was there doing research and had to meet with people and drive to places around an unfamiliar town). Perhaps this was an issue with my laptop, though, I don't know. I suspect the staff is overworked and that's why there are issues here. Again, I had the sense the staff is motivated toward making this a nice place to stay, so it might be worth checking with them again. I have traveled a lot for work and have stayed in much worse places for the price.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Melanie E
Washington, DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2008

The blurb on this page claims that the hotel is within walking distance of historic downtown and the Edmund Pettus Bridge. Not true--unless you would like to walk three miles. The hotel is located on Highway 14, which seemed to be used as a drag strip for loud cars throughout the night. Moreover, I was awakened by two false fire alarms: once at 1 a.m. and once at 2 a.m. As a result, this was not a very peaceful night for me--but hopefully such alarms do not occur regularly. The room itself was fine.

• Disliked — Noise throughout the night
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2007

My family from Indiana, Minnesota and Michigan stayed here while attending our family reunion. The hotel was neutrally cleaned, the breakfast was fulfilling----toast, waffles, sausage,eggs, hot and cold cereal, coffee, milk and juices. Although, the owners should hire more help instead of TRYING to be multi-tasked themselves----------IT WOULD DEFINETELY BE AN ABOVE AVERAGE PLACE TO STAY!!!!

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selma
Quality Inn Selma
St. James Hotel
St. James Hotel
#3 of 10 in Selma
Sleep Inn & Suites Marion

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!