“TARA” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Selma
Selma, Alabama
“TARA”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

As far as the hotel itself goes it was nice, clean and comfortable, but the foreign lady that works the front desk, breakfast and housekeeping I think was her name Tara. She doesn’t speak very good English and she is very rude she doesn’t need to work the front desk. She was running back and fourth to the breakfast she can’t do it all even though she thinks she can, get some help, she doesn’t put out enough for breakfast. I think she’s scared someone’s going to actually eat. She runs back and forth to rooms and SCREAMS very loudly down the hall and her housekeepers and to the man I think was her husband. This lady does not need to work at the hotel if she can’t be more professional.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Brunswick, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

Looking at the outside - the motel looked fairly new, not to bad, we booked a room on the apperance we saw - as we went into the motel, walking down the halls - I saw the filth - food on the carpet, dirt, not vacuumed in a while, walls dirty, opened our door and roaches ALIVE - closed door and left - a little kid even said it's the nasty place he has ever seen! This comfort Inn needs someone to clean it up - again Comfort Inn's have gone down hill. At least we got our money back without a bunch of crap.

Room Tip: DO not stay here -
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Selma hotels

Cochrane, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

The receptionist was nice but the first room she sent us to smelled moldy and the wallpaper was peeling off the wall. We asked for a different room and it was the same...only didn't smell so bad. If we hadn't been so exhasted, we would have left but we toughed it out for one night.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Butch
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

I booked an online reservation at this Motel back on 12/4/11, for the 3rd of March for one day. I was a participant in the Bridge Crossing Celebration that is held annualy. After I made my reservation I received my confirmation. As I got closer to the date of the event, I called them to make sure they hadn't did anything with my room because I received another confirmation for the same reservation, and I didn't understand that. After being assured that I wouldn't have any problem with my room and they understood I would be checking in late because of my involvement with the Bridge Crossing we ended our conversation. On the night of check-in I went to the Motel gave the clerk [Ronda was her name, I should have known something was wrong when I saw how she spelled Rhonda] my reservation confirmation, only to have her tell me she GAVE MY ROOM AWAY!! She said she tried calling me at my home number the day of the event to see if I was still coming. Can you imagine that?? I had my Daughter and Grand Son with me, with no where to sleep. I refused to leave without her trying to find me some accomadations some where else. She did and of course the rate was much higher than I would have paid at Comfort. To tell the truth I really beleive she was more than happy to sell my room, because I had the room at a Senior's rate.
So those were my expirences, and I wouldn't wish them on any one. Thank you;
Abdul-R Rashid-Atlanta Ga

Room Tip: Don't choose this Motel
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ARR R
Pearl, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

When I walked in I was greeted with a smile! The front desk clerk was very friendly!! My room was clean and breakfast was a great hot breakfast!!! The price we paid for the room was well worth it!!

Room Tip: Single rooms have large king size bed!!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank nehemiah s
Anniston, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

My friendand I was visiting Selmaand staying at the Comfort Inn. When I walked in the front desk clerk (Rhonda) was very friendly and very hepful. We were in Selma for a gospel singing and wasn't really sure where it was located. Ms. Ronda looked up the address for us and made sure that not just us but everyone that was going to the singing had correct directions. She helped us also with finding a nice place to eat and help with some other questions we had about Selma. The rooms were very clean and the breakfast was wonderful. It was a full hot breakfast, sasuage, eggs, hot waffles yogurt and more. I will be staying there everytime I come to Selma. Thumbs up to Ms Rhonda for all the hard work she did for us and the others staying there. I WILL BE BACK!!

Room Tip: Rooms are very large and have new 32" tv
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank gene w
Birmingham, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

First, the receptionist who checked us in seem to be not with it... After I informed her that I was a member of Choice Hotel and asked her to make sure she put my info in the system so that I would get my points for staying there...never happened. Second, the place could use a good carpet cleaning in the hall and stairway areas. Third, this hotel didn't have a pleasant smell although, the room seem to be very clean. Last but not least, the female manager who checked us out print one copy of the receipt and took a pair of scissor and cut it in half....now how cheap is that!!! Of course, I refused the half receipt and requested she print another copy for me. Am I not worth a whole sheet of paper for spending $75 to stay in your hotel only for less than 24 hours...go figure.
On top of that, I had to call out three time for someone to come check us out at 10 am, which no one came until I turn and asked an older man, "where are they." He pointed and call out twice in his language. Then, he got up and went to the back and found the female who checked us out. To sum everything up.....No professional or quality customer service provided at this location!! If you are going to manage a hotel/motel, do as if you were the other person on the receiving end. God Bless!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Cindi334
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selma
Quality Inn Selma
St. James Hotel
St. James Hotel
#3 of 10 in Selma
Sleep Inn & Suites Marion

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!