“GREAT FRONT DESK SERVICE, GREAT PLACE TO STAY”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Selma
Reviewed February 17, 2012

My friendand I was visiting Selmaand staying at the Comfort Inn. When I walked in the front desk clerk (Rhonda) was very friendly and very hepful. We were in Selma for a gospel singing and wasn't really sure where it was located. Ms. Ronda looked up the address for us and made sure that not just us but everyone that was going to the singing had correct directions. She helped us also with finding a nice place to eat and help with some other questions we had about Selma. The rooms were very clean and the breakfast was wonderful. It was a full hot breakfast, sasuage, eggs, hot waffles yogurt and more. I will be staying there everytime I come to Selma. Thumbs up to Ms Rhonda for all the hard work she did for us and the others staying there. I WILL BE BACK!!

Room Tip: Rooms are very large and have new 32" tv
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank gene w

Reviewed August 30, 2011

First, the receptionist who checked us in seem to be not with it... After I informed her that I was a member of Choice Hotel and asked her to make sure she put my info in the system so that I would get my points for staying there...never happened. Second, the place could use a good carpet cleaning in the hall and stairway areas. Third, this hotel didn't have a pleasant smell although, the room seem to be very clean. Last but not least, the female manager who checked us out print one copy of the receipt and took a pair of scissor and cut it in half....now how cheap is that!!! Of course, I refused the half receipt and requested she print another copy for me. Am I not worth a whole sheet of paper for spending $75 to stay in your hotel only for less than 24 hours...go figure.
On top of that, I had to call out three time for someone to come check us out at 10 am, which no one came until I turn and asked an older man, "where are they." He pointed and call out twice in his language. Then, he got up and went to the back and found the female who checked us out. To sum everything up.....No professional or quality customer service provided at this location!! If you are going to manage a hotel/motel, do as if you were the other person on the receiving end. God Bless!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Cindi334
Reviewed December 5, 2009

I was not aware of the bite until two days after checking out. The bites were on both hands, both arms, both legs, on my back, right and left side of my abdomen,right side of neckand the right side of my cheek. I made an appointment with my dermatologist, she ask me had I been to a hotel lately. My reply was Thanksgining the Comfort Inn Selma, AL room 216 is where the biting came from. I was told this has not been report and their was not a problem.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tweetie2020
Reviewed March 14, 2009

I stayed at the Comfort Inn on business in early March. I almost hate to write this review because the staff themselves seemed very nice, but this hotel has some issues. It's conveniently located, and the $64 per night price was not bad. The room itself was not bad, either, just, maybe, slightly aging. Everything appeared clean. However, on the second night I woke to find about four bedbugs in my bed. I was disgusted. When I called to the lobby for assistance, no one answered. I put on my robe to go down to the lobby only to find the indoor entrance locked, so I had to go outside. I rang the doorbell from out there and no one responded. Finally, I went back to my room and called the main desk from my cell phone and reached someone. The attendant was extremely apologetic and said he'd do whatever he could to accommodate me. I also suspect this attendant works an incredibly long day and is permitted to sleep while on duty at night, perhaps explaining my difficulty in reaching anyone. At any rate, I didn't want another room, so I asked for a discount on my bill and slept the rest of the night in my car. The common areas could use a little sprucing and the breakfast area was not as well kept as it could be. However, the staff seemed very nice (a family?) and seemed appropriately concerned and motivated about addressing the bedbug issue. They said the room would be quarantined so they could investigate. I also had problems with the Wifi, which slowed me down (I was there doing research and had to meet with people and drive to places around an unfamiliar town). Perhaps this was an issue with my laptop, though, I don't know. I suspect the staff is overworked and that's why there are issues here. Again, I had the sense the staff is motivated toward making this a nice place to stay, so it might be worth checking with them again. I have traveled a lot for work and have stayed in much worse places for the price.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Melanie E
Reviewed November 11, 2008

The blurb on this page claims that the hotel is within walking distance of historic downtown and the Edmund Pettus Bridge. Not true--unless you would like to walk three miles. The hotel is located on Highway 14, which seemed to be used as a drag strip for loud cars throughout the night. Moreover, I was awakened by two false fire alarms: once at 1 a.m. and once at 2 a.m. As a result, this was not a very peaceful night for me--but hopefully such alarms do not occur regularly. The room itself was fine.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed December 28, 2007

My family from Indiana, Minnesota and Michigan stayed here while attending our family reunion. The hotel was neutrally cleaned, the breakfast was fulfilling----toast, waffles, sausage,eggs, hot and cold cereal, coffee, milk and juices. Although, the owners should hire more help instead of TRYING to be multi-tasked themselves----------IT WOULD DEFINETELY BE AN ABOVE AVERAGE PLACE TO STAY!!!!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selma
Quality Inn Selma
Sleep Inn & Suites Marion
St. James Hotel
St. James Hotel
#3 of 10 in Selma

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!