Hampton Inn Selma
$60
Average 3/5
Budget Inn(Selma)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsplace to stayfamily reunioncivil rightsbed was very comfortablevery pleasant staywould definitely stay here againcomplimentary breakfastwafflesenjoyed my staythe staff was greatexcellent staychecking inbusiness tripsouthern hospitalityparking lotalabamainns
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I travelled to Selma to visit an ole friend who lives in a town nearby. I hadn't booked a room anywhere so stopped at the Hampton. The gentleman at the front desk was very welcoming. I requested a smoking room, which they did have on the 3rd floor. Even though I am a smoker, I don't like the smell of stale smoke, so I was very pleasantly surprised to find the 3rd floor smelled very fresh and my room smelled just the same. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable, I slept like a baby.Overall, the hotel is well maintained, staff are very friendly and helpful. The ammenities in the room - coffee, toiletries, etc, are all good choices. Thank you all at the Hampton for a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Our school reservered 10 rooms on Sept 14 2011 for the Al State track meet in May of 2012. We had the confirmations reaffirmed. We arrived to be told that the rooms had been flooded by a bathtub overflow and had to scramble to locate another place to stay. We were informed by another school that stayed there, that we had been bumped to make room for a DENTIST covention. We will NEVER reserve another room at this Hampton because they CANNOT BE TRUSTED!!!!!!!! We are not finished with this. Corporate will be flooded with complaints about this situation. WE WANT THE MANAGER FIRED FOR LETTING THIS HAPPEN and all our expeneses reimbursed for the headache and cost of transportation that our school incurred because of the LIES WE WERE TOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Hampton Inn will LIE TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Kurtis M
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We were disappointed by visiting this hotel. We booked a Jacuzzi room but when we arrived the tub was broken. No apologies they just ignored it.
Further more was the breakfast quite freighting. As soon as you enter the area a lady is on your back and is distributing the food.
I got a big mouth because I put to much dough into the waffle maker. She kept guarding the food like an eagle and we were afraid to get a second cup of coffee.
Never again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Florilando
Reviewed March 31, 2012

First with the great..... Comfortable bed, good towels, and the best thing was having direct tv with a 32 inch lcd. This is the first hotel that had direct tv with a direct tv remote. The not so good..... It could of been cleaner, the 3rd floor hallway smelt like smoke, but not in the room. The last few days the air was on and it didnt smell. The side and back door key cards didnt work, they had the doors proped open some which was a huge security no no. I stayed in this hotel in sept 11 and it was broke so it has been this way for a long time. Friendly staff that was very helpful

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The hotel room was large and as expected. We didn't have any complaints. We took advantage of their breakfast to go bags because we were in a hurry in the morning.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family