“Great Southern Buffet”

Ranked #9 of 69 Restaurants in Scottsboro
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Our church motorcycle gang went to Carlile's to eat. We were not let down; We LOVED it! The food was great and will definitely return!! Would recommend stopping in for some real good food and some southern hospitality.

1  Thank Jason B

Reviewed July 13, 2014

never mind but what we were served was not homecooked meal, and if so it was a ball of lard. Grease ball floating and everything soaked with old grease. NEVER will reommend or eat there again.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

I went in there and from the start it was amazing! The hostess was friendly and talk to us.. Our waitress was very very nice, not only our waitress all the other ones made sure we were getting taken care of! I've got to say its been a very long time since I've gotten this kind of service. The food was excelent it was really hard to choose from buffet to the meanu.. My husband got the ribeye and said it was very good, and I got the AUCE shrimp its only on Friday and Saturday nights,my waitress said. My kids got the Carlile burger and buffet! I tried both and it was amazing as well! Rob Carlile made sure we had the 5 star restaurant experience! He sat and talk to us and also let us try mutltiple things! The tomato pie is to die for!! Must try!! Defiantly try to stop by and try it worth every penny!

2  Thank Marliegh
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Went yesterday at 12:30 p.m. with a couple of friends of ours and were SO DISSAPOINTED!!! The food is inedible! What little there was of it~we looked at the buffet and decided against it~so we ordered meat & 2 vegetables on the menu~well, the waitress told us to go to the buffet and pick 1 meat and 2 veggies off of that~we tried to, but everything on it was so bad, it was almost inedible!!! There was greasy,greasy chicken, they had taken what was supposed to be ribs~yes, it was tender, what little they had~but, so very, very salty it was inedible! Their pinto beans were awful, their okra was greasy, their green beans tasted canned, only the squash & zuchinni was freshly fried. The waitress didn't bring our drinks until about halfway through us trying to eat~I was embarrassed I told our friends that this had a good review on trip advisor. We all 4 agreed we would never be back! I don't know how this place is in business. There was no one to take our check, we should have walked out it was so bad, but we don't do that. There was only 1 waitress and she was scarce & never refilled our drinks, even though there was almost no one else in the place, even at prime lunch time. Don't waste your time or money going to this place! We were so hungry when we left~from leaving the lousy food on our plates, that we went to the local DQ and got us something real to eat!!!

Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Went to eat ,stood at counter for several minutes......one waitress busing a few tables,walks within two feet of us doesn't even speak must less offer to seat us....other waitress on cell phone for the time of wait.....I will not beg an establishment to take my money.Went right down the street,enjoyed a good meal and quick service at Oh Bryans

1  Thank alhdrider

Been to Carlile's Restaurant? Share your experiences!